deluge 1.3.12

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• deluge 1.3.12

updated to deluge 1.3.12
      scheduler is broken in deluge 1.3.12
      tried to uninstall and reinstall, can't see deluge anymore in omv-extras
      rebooted
      reinstalled omv-extras, enabled both downloaders categories, should be in "download managers testing", done refresh and apt clean multiple times, refreshes in plugins, nothing, no luck.

omv 2.2.5
      omv-extras 2.13.2

any idea?

thank you in advance.
    • I never could get deluge to show up. I installed only deluged by hand instead. I don't use the scheduler so I can't comment about it.
      --
      Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

RAID - Its ability to disappoint is inversely proportional to the user's understanding of it.

ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB CC - Silverstone DS380
    • deluge plugin was removed from repos for some reason, but is still available not to install auto but...

YOu can install it manually downloading it

wget http://omv-extras.org/testing/openmediavault-deluge_1.5_all.deb

dpkg -i openmediavault-deluge_1.5_all.deb

Maybe after that apt-get -f install
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10
      telegram.me/openmediavault broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server
    • subzero79 wrote:

deluge plugin was removed from repos for some reason, but is still available not to install auto but...

YOu can install it manually downloading it

wget http://omv-extras.org/testing/openmediavault-deluge_1.5_all.deb

dpkg -i openmediavault-deluge_1.5_all.deb

Maybe after that apt-get -f install

I've been trying to install deluge using these commands since it still does not appear on the GUI OMV Extras repository.

The first command works, and I am able to download the file.

The second command returns an error: 'openmediavault-deluge_1.5_all.deb' is not a debian format archive
      dpkg: error processing openmediavault-deluge_1.5_all.deb (--install): subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2

This is probably just me being a Linux noob, but I am stuck.

System is x86 running off a flash drive with the low write plugin.

Is there any way to install deluge more easily than this?

Thanks so much.
    • rsm3000 wrote:

but how do I get the plugin from the OMV extras site onto my machine?

The plugin is not in extras repos anymore just in the link above for 2.0. That deb package is only for 2.0.

deluge For 3.0 is available in downloaders repo from extras, BTH I haven't test it yet to see if it works
      New wiki
    • rsm3000 wrote:

So I guess what you are telling me is that I can't run Deluge on the latest stable release (2.2.5)?

That sucks. . .
      Does not seem to fit my experience. I am running OMV 2.2.5 and deluge (1.3.13-0~precise~ppa3), but I did not use OMV to install it via any type of plugin.

Do you have these in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-stoneburner.list ?

Source Code

1. # miller repo
      2. deb http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/ stoneburner-miller main
      3. deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/ppa/ubuntu precise main
      I only installed the components I needed:

deluged
      deluge-webui
      deluge-common
      deluge-web
      deluge-console
      --

RAID - Its ability to disappoint is inversely proportional to the user's understanding of it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gderf ().

• rsm3000 wrote:

So I guess what you are telling me is that I can't run Deluge on the latest stable release (2.2.5)?

That sucks.

The plugin was just a start/stop front end for the daemon. You can use docker, install you're own, etc.
      Or use the file mentioned above.
      New wiki
    • Ok thanks for sticking with me here. I am so far behind both of you that I don't know how to check to see if those files are in the folder gderf mentioned, nor am I sure to which file subzero is referring.

Is there a general guide for installing plugins which are not included in the OMV extras repository, along with a list of plugins that work? Perhaps that would be more my speed.
    • I wasn't talking about plugins, I was talking about installing programs by hand after getting the correct repositories in place on your system. This is done from the shell. Do you know how to get there?
      --

• In OMV-Extras.org enable the Download Managers and Download Managers Testing repos. Save and Apply.

Then in a shell, run this command:

apt-cache policy deluge-*

You should see many references to all the available deluge 1.3.13 packages. Decide which ones you want and install them. I only took the ones listed in my earlier post like this:

sudo apt-get install deluged deluge-webui deluge-common deluge-web deluge-console

Some other packages may be pulled in as dependencies.

That's all!
      --

The post was edited 1 time, last by gderf ().

• I am running Deluge:

Client: 1.3.12 on Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon
      Server: 1.3.13 on OpenMediaVault 2.2.9

YaRSS2-1.4.3 plugin works fine.
      --