Delete Raid on Web GUI?

• Hello guys. I am writing to ask you something about the raid change . Currently I have a raid 1 with two disks of one terabyte . I would like to move to a raid 5 by adding a disc to one terabyte passing well to a total capacity of 2 terabytes. I already have the backup of all data .

The problem is that I can not find how to clear the raid 1 , as the Delete command on the web gui raid section is not activated .

How should I proceed to activate the command delete and finally proceed with the creation of the raid 5 ?

Thanks as always the kind attention .

• Offizieller Beitrag

How should I proceed to activate the command delete and finally proceed with the creation of the raid 5 ?

Every service that has shared folder under that raid1 volume locks the delete button. Start by deleting all shared folders that belong to that volume from services (rsync, samba, etc), then delete those shared folder that belong to that volume, finally unmount the raid1 volume. If you reached the unmount step, then you should be finally be able to delete the raid1 volume from the RAID panel.

• Thanks a lot for the answer. I will follow your instructions to the letter. I take this opportunity to also ask you one more thing : I can save all settings, including metadata, of the plex server to avoid to redo it all over again with the raid 5 ?

• No...j've deleted the only shared folder in every service (samba, dlna, plex, usb backup)...j disactivate every service...then j've deleted the shared folder in the raid1..but the filesystem can't smount...and so...even the raid1 can't delete...

hmmm...j think there is something that escapes me ... I was hoping it was easier to delete a raid and make a new one ..

what else can j do? hmmm....

• of course not ... actually happens in the picture what you say , but of course the problem is with the filesystem of the raid ... in any case then I tried to format the disks ... and gave me the chance to do the raid 5 ... he has completed everything correctly ... but the problem remained for the filesystem ... did not make him fit ... I got bored and reinstalled openmediavault ... reformat the three discs and make my raid 5 over again .. j don't known if is the right solution, but j've done it..

• Now all is ok, but j've some problems about the upgrading of my plex server. It tells me that it needs to update but asks me to download the update and proceed to the installation manual . But after downloading the update package when I try to upload I gets me off a ngix error message : File too large . How can I upgrade the plex avoid this error?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!