No WebGUI access after installing Netatalk since 3.0.13 on a RPi2 - actually 3.0.24

• Have no experience with Linux, but i search the whole web for a solution and give up. Means i start a thread :) seems there is no-one with a RPi who needs AFP.
    I have this issue since 3.0.13 and till the actual release. It doesnt matter if i update my setup or try to install netatalk on a fresh installed 3.0.24 OMV. Tried WebGui and Command Line installation
    Can anybody help me to understand what following error messages means?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pretty sure AFP hasn't been ported to 3.0.24 yet.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess what I meant to say is that it hasn't been finished being ported to OMV newer than 3.0.13. There isn't even a netatalk package in Debian Jessie (OMV 3.x) and OMV 3.x hasn't been released either. So, your only real option right now is go back to OMV 2.x. There really isn't a reason to run OMV 3.x on an RPi right now anyway.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• btw. i have a backup of my sd card with a working OMV 3.0.13 and netatalk <V3.
    the update of the whole system including natatalk via command line is successful but i can't access the gui. AFP works furthermore

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is just with the plugin and OMV's engine. It won't cause an issue with afp.

I assume Volker will finish the plugin but I can't say for sure. I know he wanted a reliable source for netatalk since it isn't in the Debian Jessie repo. I'm guessing it is lower on his priority list than finishing OMV 3.

Why do you need OMV 3? I wouldn't stay on 3.0.13.

• im to lazy to start from the beginning. it was a pain to setup the wifi dongle. YES WIFI! cause i get up to 15 uplink instead of 4-7 via ethernet cable.
    its ok for me to stay on this state. im using OMV right now just for TimeMachine backups ad blocking (pi hole) in my network.
    later when omv is stable i will install plex server and something like own cloud. I've read own cloud is not supported in 3.x

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!