Installion from bootable USB asks for cd-rom

• Hello everybody,

After a lot of trying on my homemade NAS, i decided to reinstall the whole OMV system to have something clean to work on.

I created a bootable usb key with OMV 2.1 on it.
    I am able to start from the USB key, select the language/location of my system but at the next step it asks for cd-rom drivers :
    "Load installer component from CD" "There was a problem reading data from the cd-rom"
    I really don't understand why i get this error, since it worked easy and fine the first time I installed OMV in the exact same manner.

What can i do please?

FYI : i already tried using different USB keys, and i tried unetbootin and lili usb creator, even tried OMV 2.0, OMV 3.0, and even Debian 8.5. --> always exact same error

edit : problem solved using Rufus to create the bootable usb disk :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the key plugged in a USB 3 port? If yes, try a usb 2 port. Otherwise, you could try installing on a different system and move the hard drive to that system.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Rufus did the job!

That's quite incredible since i already heard that might come from the software that makes the bootable USB and had tried 3 of them (unetbootin, lili usb creator, universal usb installer)

Anyway Thank you a lot! Today was for installing OMV on my NAS; due to this problem I had no choice to watch the football games waiting for a solution :P

• I had the same problem, resolved with rufus and connecting to USB2.0
    now i'm stuck with the network card. Maybe because I have the latest H170 chipset, OMV can't detect it even if i tell him that is the intel PRO :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Put an old or cheap network card ($8 investment) in the machine to install.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!