Problem Setting Up Link Aggregation

• Hi,

I'm pretty new in using OMV. My NAS has two LAN ports (Supermicro X11SSH-F) and my router is an Asus AC66U (Asuswrt-Merlin firmware) all of which is capable of implementing Link Aggregation. So I decided to take advantage of it.

For my router, I followed Method 1 of the guide in GitHub. I think I have setup it up properly because when I run the script LinkAgg -s I get "Bond Status: bond0 UP". On the webGUI of my router, I can also see that two of my ports has the same IP address pointing to my OMV.

I also think that I was able to setup Link Aggregation in OMV properly because I think it was pretty simple. On the options for bonding I chose 802.3ad which is the only only mode also being supported by my router.

However, checking on the System Logs, I found the following lines:

Code
    Jul 16 06:04:56 TheVault kernel: [  361.801517] bonding: bond0: An illegal loopback occurred on adapter (eth1).
    Jul 16 06:04:56 TheVault kernel: [  361.801522] Check the configuration to verify that all adapters are connected to 802.3ad compliant switch ports
    Jul 16 06:04:57 TheVault kernel: [  363.001436] bonding: bond0: An illegal loopback occurred on adapter (eth0).
    Jul 16 06:04:57 TheVault kernel: [  363.001440] Check the configuration to verify that all adapters are connected to 802.3ad compliant switch ports

Please, help me figuring out the problem. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Clearly an issue with the switch from what the log reports. There are managed 8 port switch for 50-60 dollars that can do proper aggregation. That setup looks more like trouble.
    Maybe try to test another mode.

• Hi all,

I resolved this issue already. Problem is not with OMV but with my Asus router. I disabled NAT Acceleration in the router and everything worked fine. Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!