NTFS fully loaded HD, after mounting it and shared it, does not show any file in it

• Hi guys...
    I have OMV v2.1 installed and FULLY updated (just run yesterday all possible updates from gui).
    I have 1 disk full with data coming from a windows PC with NTFS file system on it.
    I mounted it, created a File Share, and shared it with SMB/CIFS.
    From other windows-PCs onmy intranet I am able to see this new share, but when I open it, there is NOTHING inside, but from the windows-PCs I am able to create a NEW folder in it and even copy new files in it.
    So I can basically READ & WRITE this new share.....but DO NOT see the previous data already in it.
    How can I get back my data on this disk ???
    ?(?(?(
    Ned help.....mu unix/OMV skills are very low....
    Basically a NEWBEE...but willing to learn this nice software

• I feel like an idiot :cursing: :

my proble was that in the "shared folders" edit window, in the "path" field I originally put a name......

In the reality I had to put ONLY a "/" which means......the highest level or "main root".

As soon as I modified the "shared folder" path options....I saw the Whole content of the NTFS disk from the remote PC using the same share name....

I'm not an unix guy ..... but my experience can help somebody else like me.... :D:D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!