OMV Does not work with Raspberry Pi RTC

• After trying in vain to find ways around the time-loss problem that the Raspberry Pi has, I finally bought an RTC for my Raspberry Pi. I've installed it and followed the instructions on this page, but for some reason, when I reboot, the system time is not acquired from the RTC, and I instead receive I random time setting as I did before installing the RTC. What's going on here? What can I go to fix this?

If I execute "hwclock -s" in the terminal, the time is changed to match, so the RTC is working, but it is not working on boot.

• There are instructions in the guide how to clear the cache... You will see them.

Great! Your instructions are the best I've found for how to deal with this so far! One question though: When I execute update-rc.d -f fake-hwclock remove, am I supposed to get a message saying update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing? I have a feeling that that is incorrect. I used apt-get autoremove fake-hwclock instead. Is there a difference?

• I managed to get everything done correctly, but I am still having graph problems. :(

After I reboot, they still all go blank.

This is the graph several minutes after I refresh the cache:

This is what I see after a reboot. Where is the garbage data coming from? I've noticed that it's the same every time.

If I force a refresh, I get this:

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von David B () aus folgendem Grund: Added graph image examples

• I understand that data cannot be collected when the machine is off, but that's not the problem.

The problem that I am having is that when I restart the machine, I lose all of my data, and graph ends up looking like this:

Take note of the "Last Update" time on this graph. If I force a refresh, all previously collected data disappears.

• So, in that graph you are saying the RPi was running between around 9:50 til 10:50 and was not shutdown 3 times??? You are using the flash memory plugin, yes?

You did these steps to clear the cache?

rm -r /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost
    rm /var/lib/rrdcached/journal/*
    service collectd restart
    service rrdcached restart

• Here's what I did.

First, I executed these commands.

Code
    service collectd stop
    service rrdcached stop
    rm -r /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost
    rm /var/lib/rrdcached/journal/*
    service collectd start
    service rrdcached start

Then, I refreshed the graph after several minutes.

After I reboot the Raspberry Pi, the graph looks like this and the "last updated" time is wrong.

If I force a graph refresh when I see this, the graph ends up looking like this. Notice that the "Last Updated" time is now correct, but there's no data.

The only way to get the graph working again is to clear the cache again, but as soon as I reboot, I see this again with the random data and wrong update time:

Also, I am using the flash memory plugin.

• uninstall the flash memory plugin. clear the cache to get the graphs working and then reinstall the flash memory plugin. it has something to do with the flash memory plugin and i forget how to fix that. there is a post somewhere about it.

• I've uninstalled the Flash Memory plugin, erased the cache again, and rebooted, and the graphs are still messed up. I tried erasing the cache and rebooting a second time, and the same thing still happens.

• I would have to look at the old post I mentioned. Alternative would be to start from scratch and setup the RTC module before installing the flash memory plugin. I'll try to find the old post when I get some time.

Look at post by genekh. May be related to your issue as well. I'll read it again later.

Is it possible that system log entries and corrupt rrdcached data are included in the OMV boot image

• I would have to look at the old post I mentioned. Alternative would be to start from scratch and setup the RTC module before installing the flash memory plugin. I'll try to find the old post when I get some time.

Look at post by genekh. May be related to your issue as well. I'll read it again later.

Is it possible that system log entries and corrupt rrdcached data are included in the OMV boot image

Thanks! That seems to have solved my problem!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!