SFTP

• I so far love open media vault. However, for the life of me I can not get it to allow logins over SSH or using sftp. I can login if I enable regular ftp it works fine, but as soon as I enable SSH and disable the ftp, I get that authentication failed. I am assuming (and this is where I could be making the mistake that it's the authentication of the user. Any help would be appreciated.

• The user that needs to ssh or sftp must be added to the ssh group.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi,

don't mix the ftp-user up with ssh-users, ftp-user can be system-users, but thats mostly unwanted. sftp/scp is based on ssh (and already built in the sshd) and normally needs system-users.

Sc0rp

• Thank You so much I knew I was missing something. I was looking in the SSH tab and couldn't figure out how to add them. I am so sorry for being a pain in the butt Noob at this. Anyway, so I went to the groups and checked SSH for the user. Is that what you were talking about?

• Anyway, so I went to the groups and checked SSH for the user. Is that what you were talking about?

Yes. So it's working now, correct?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• One more question and it will work exactly as I need it. I set up the user and give them a home directory. If I need to delete them how do I delete their home directory too?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!