WebUI stops responding after short time

• I have a fresh install running version 2.1 and currently have no plugins installed besides the omvextras plugin and no changes have been made except adding and initializing an array.

After logging in all pages become unresponsive after moving to the second page where I start receiving the following message.

After digging around for a bit I found that php-fpm has stopped taking new requests from it already having too many child processes.

Code
    [04-Aug-2016 00:14:55] WARNING: [pool openmediavault-webgui] server reached max_children setting (25), consider raising it
    [04-Aug-2016 00:26:17] WARNING: [pool openmediavault-webgui] server reached max_children setting (25), consider raising it

I have enabled debug logging for fpm-php and get the following pattern in the log.
    Php-fpm continues to spawn a new child every 5 seconds until the 25 child limit is reached.

Php-fpm continues to spawn a new child every 5 seconds until the 25 child limit is reached.

I hope to get this resolved as OMV looks like an amazing piece of software.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have never seen that behavior. Can you please enable the browser dev tools to find out if there is an issue in the JavaScript code? Additionally you should have a look in the network tab of the dev tools to find out how often the UI is communicating with the web server.
    Please uninstall all plugins and check again.

• I get the following in the dev console. I do have couchpotato uninstalled but it seems to have leftover parts. Can these be deleted with no harm?

• After reinstalling OMV a few times to figure out where things go wrong I have determined that the OMVextras Plex plugin seems to be causing this to happen. I have simply chosen to not to use the plugin and install it myself.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plex plugin changes ownership of your media files so that plex can access them. You must have a lot of files that are owned by the wrong person?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The plex plugin does not change ownership of the media files. It will correct issues with the database, where are all meta data and related files are stored, in the case of a mismatch in ownership. The plex plugin is perfect as is. If you were to change ownership of the media files people would no longer be able to delete them via their samba shares. And that would not be a desired outcome. Plex reads the files fine with a read only on others.

e.g. from a movie

Code
    File: `ZOOKEEPER.mpg'
      Size: 4208617476      Blocks: 8219968    IO Block: 4096   regular file
    Device: 831h/2097d      Inode: 107479201   Links: 1
    Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--)  Uid: ( 1000/doh)   Gid: (  100/   users)
    Access: 2016-08-06 18:25:04.675498395 -0400
    Modify: 2011-10-23 21:04:48.048796600 -0400
    Change: 2012-07-28 02:25:26.638267138 -0400
     Birth: -

I changed my username to doh in the example because my user is my real name.

Changing the ownership of the files in the database can take a long time if you have a lot of media files because a lot of meta data, and related, files, are created.

You can see my media file uid/gid does not math the uid/gid of my plex user:
    id plex
    uid=112(plex) gid=116(plex) groups=116(plex)

• @desxo How did you create your media share???

Take a look at this guide:

How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer

Were you able to add a media share in the Plex UI??? Or did you not even get that far?
    Did you try to use an old plex database that you backed up?
    Also, you may have a database mistmatch between the plex uid/gid and the library (database) uid/gid if you did not delete the plex user after purging the plex plugin and the plexmediaserver package.

It is best to do this before you try to reinstall the plugin:
    apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    userdel plex

Then try to reinstall.

Answer some of these questions and maybe I can help you more....

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plex plugin does not change ownership of the media files. It will correct issues with the database, where are all meta data and related files are stored, in the case of a mismatch in ownership. The plex plugin is perfect as is. If you were to change ownership of the media files people would no longer be able to delete them via their samba shares. And that would not be a desired outcome. Plex reads the files fine with a read only on others.

You know I know how the plugin works since I wrote the permission change portion. I just worded it wrong. I meant all the files created for the media files. I was just trying to say it changes a lot of file permissions.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!