external DNS entry in Local DNS & DHCP

• I have following

http://www.domain.com is referring to external IP and is working fine (MX records, A records etc.. ) services are available

I use this domain.com also for local subdomains like omv1.domain.com omv2.domain.com and locally it is working .. here also no issue I have added the internal IP's to the local DNS working flawlessly
    Now I want to access www.domain from my own network but [www].domain.com cannot be resolved. Understandable as OMV with its DNS has no record of this [www].domain.com

Now I add this entry: www with alias [www].domain.com together with its external IP in the LOCAL DNS / DHCP of OMV and .. it's working !

But .. I do not see the domain/hostname and its external IP in the GUI ..

How can I check / modify this ?

update.. I see it now in /etc/dnsmasq.hosts but no idea why the GUI it is not showing

5x HP Microserver Gen8, 4x with OMV. (3x OMV4 and 1x OMV5)

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von aroundmyroom () aus folgendem Grund: www not shown

• The gui shows you the configuration settings, no real values. The correct values hsould be displayed in the dashboard info widget and the system info tab.

with the + add I add www and the external IP but than it's not shown here.
    Cannot see where in the dashboard or system info the www and external IP would be mentioned.

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

• ah .. so I have to move to the plugin section ;_)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!