System slowed right down, now unable to load webgui

• Hi, I noticed a few weeks ago that my install started to go very slow, I turn it off as I left on vacation. I am now back and have turned my server back on, I noticed a few issues which I will list below

I can ssh in but the performance is very slow, if I physically use the machine its terminal operated at normal speeds.
    If I try to connect to the OMV GUI it continually loads and never gives me any login window.
    If I connect to the port sonar is running on it takes my username/password but never finishes loading, just a black background, the same issue exists for couch potato and sabnzbd.

I did a google which suggests that it is due to the OS HDD being full however this is not the case

Code
    root@Lilith:/# df -h
    Filesystem                                              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    rootfs                                                  451G  2.7G  426G   1% /
    udev                                                     10M     0   10M   0% /dev
    tmpfs                                                   397M  636K  396M   1% /run
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/695e239d-59a1-4de0-af5a-2ee59e6c58e8  451G  2.7G  426G   1% /
    tmpfs                                                   5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs                                                   2.4G  4.0K  2.4G   1% /run/shm
    /dev/md0                                                2.7T  543G  2.2T  20% /media/b9d117b6-098b-4480-9019-8112d7e4a0a0
    root@Lilith:/#

I ran dpkg -l | grep extjs to ensure that it was installed correctly

Code
    root@Lilith:/# dpkg -l | grep extjs
    ii  libjs-extjs5                                                5.1.1.451                        all          Ext JS is a cross-browser JavaScript library for building rich internet applications.
    root@Lilith:/#

and rm /var/cache/openmediavault/*.json to clear any cache but that also does not seem to help,

Any advice on getting this up and running again would be much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post the output of:

uptime
    ps aux | grep -v "\["

If I had to guess, you might have a virus/rootkit/whatever on it or the drive is failing.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Here you go,

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no load on your server and I don't see anything using a lot of CPU. What cpu are you using?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

No need. A quick Google search tells me it is 54xx series Xeon. A little aged but plenty fast for OMV. All I can think is that the OS hard drive is failing. What is the output of: dmesg | tail -n 50

• Another strange thing I noticed is that after around a day it drops internet connectivity I can no longer ping it and I have to manually go to the box and either restart it or ifdown/up

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is definitely something wrong with the networking portion. Not sure if it is the network port, cable, or switch though. Are you using the backports kernel (can be installed by button in omv-extras)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post the output of: uname -a

• root@Lilith:~# uname -a
    Linux Lilith 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.81-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

And top as well if that helps at all

• Offizieller Beitrag

You aren't using the backports kernel. That would be the first thing I install. There is button to install the backports kernel in the Kernel tab of omv-extras.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep. omv-mkconf omvextrasorg installbackports

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!