reinstall OMV and raid array stuck on State : clean, resyncing (PENDING)

• I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this issue but trying to find the solution has been rough. I've had my NAS up and running for several months without a hitch and then.... the drive that had OMV on it failed. I replaced the drive, reinstalled OMV and off to the races I went. The RAID 6 array showed up but seems to be stuck. As far as I know it's fine, i just need to reinstall plugins, users, etc... Can someone point me to a thread or something that can solve this for me? here is what I get. sorry if this has been answered a million times but google's search results wasn't giving me much to go on. Thanks in advance!

Version : 1.2
    Creation Time : Sat Jun 18 20:01:45 2016
    Raid Level : raid6
    Array Size : 1953019904 (1862.54 GiB 1999.89 GB)
    Used Dev Size : 488254976 (465.64 GiB 499.97 GB)
    Raid Devices : 6
    Total Devices : 6
    Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Tue Aug 16 16:14:44 2016
    State : clean, resyncing (PENDING)
    Active Devices : 6
    Working Devices : 6
    Failed Devices : 0
    Spare Devices : 0

Layout : left-symmetric
    Chunk Size : 512K

Name : openmediavault:homefiles (local to host openmediavault)
    UUID : 013681cd:52384e9f:2d1951b2:59a4745e
    Events : 57

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
    0 8 0 0 active sync /dev/sda
    1 8 16 1 active sync /dev/sdb
    2 8 32 2 active sync /dev/sdc
    3 8 48 3 active sync /dev/sdd
    4 8 64 4 active sync /dev/sde
    5 8 80 5 active sync /dev/sdf

• Oh man, thank you! I was reading conflicting things through google searches where they were hung up on that, which is why i came here. I'm at work and they have VPN blocked here so I can't check it but I'll have a look when I get home.

• Re,

yep, take a breath ;) and keep in mind, that the "synching" (may be) is a lower priorized work for the array then delivering data.
    So if you use your array, it will extend the time needed to sync ...

Sc0rp

• ooh, that's the thing. I can't get to it. But, I haven't re-added the users either. It's a mess. I hadn't backed up any configuration or anything (I was still working on it), and it had only been up a few months then the boot drive crashed. so... do you think it will be ok once I get the users and shares readded? The RAID array shows the file system in the web admin. I just can't see it in the finder. I was assuming it was because the shares weren't set up or anything. I kind of thought they'd still be in tact since the array was ok.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The users and shares need to be recreated. That info isn't stored on the data drive.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That's kinda what i figured. This should be interesting... I should have time tonight to sort it out. I'm just glad the array is fine. I set that thing up for redundancy and it figures that boot drive would kick the bucket! I' usually pretty good about backups but I figured I'd wait till I got it just the way i wanted it then back up the configuration. Murphy's Law I guess 8| Thanks for the help guys! I'll let you know how it goes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!