Problems with Plugin list and Update Section on new OMV install

• Hey Everyone, I'm new to OMV as well as linux although I have used unix for quite some time.

I have a media server with Debian(Wheexy) installed as well as mergerfs, snapraid, and OMV. It seems to be having issues updating the plugins list as well as when I go to the Update section in the GUI.

I'm using Stoneburner 2.2.6 and the latest release of Debian 7.11(listed as 3.2.0.4 in OMV GUI).

Below is the output of the error when I try to access the Plugin section or the Update section in the web GUI. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

"The index of available plugins does not exist. Please re-synchronize the package index files from their sources.

Error #6000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'The index of available plugins does not exist. Please re-synchronize the package index files from their sources.' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:73Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->enumeratePlugins(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumeratePlugin...', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'enumeratePlugin...', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}"

• Offizieller Beitrag

3.2.0.4 is the kernel.

What is the output of:

if you have omv-extras installed, just execute omv-aptclean

Otherwise:
    dpkg --clear-avail
    rm -rfv /var/lib/apt/lists/*
    apt-get clean
    apt-get update

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure what the 3.2.0.4 meant.

I do not have omv-extras installed. That's what I was going to install when I noticed the plugins and update sections weren't working.

I'll try you're other suggestion when I get home in a few hours and let you know what the outcome is.

• Alright, I have tried that it still gives me the same exact error in OMV under plugins and Update.

Now when I do that in the terminal and the system tries to update all of it's sources there are some errors which I was wondering is the underlying cause the issue.

So it looks like the Wheexy sources and the snapraid sources cannot be found. I am not sure if this is enough to cause the index issue with OMV.

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why did you add a snapraid repo? That is the repo giving you problems. snapraid is available in omv-extras.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ah, well that makes sense then. I installed it due to not knowing that plugins could be installed on OMV, again the first time I've installed it.

I'll remove snapraid from the system and try to re-update the source listing with your first comment.

Once I remove it I'll let you know how it looks. Thanks for all of the help!

• I finally figured out the issue and it was definitely due to the Snapraid repository.

It ended up being an PPA source which took a long time to find. But I removed it which did fix the plugin and update sections.

Thank you for the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!