Unknown filesystem type 'zfs'

• Hello everyone. I am new to linux and OMV. I have been learning a little at a time in Linux but it has been slow. In my search for a solid diy NAS system I foud OMV. I have been running this NAS system problem free for about 8 months. Recently I had tried to access my SMB shares via windows and they could not be found. When I signed into OMV webGUI, i saw that it was not mounted. when trying to mount it via webGUI, this is the error that I got:

Error #6000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount 'f9334705-f9f9-4ba0-bc8c-67b06b276ec2': mount: unknown filesystem type 'xfs'' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:921
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(494): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I've tried rebooting with no success. I don't know many commands and searching did not resolve anything useful to me. I do have physical access to the machine and can enter commands right at the terminal.

My system has 4 WD Red drives 3TB each in RAID6. In the RAID Management tab, it shows State: Clean /dev/md0 Capacity 5.46TiB.
    OMV Version is 3.0.2 (Erasmus). I'm not 100% sure if this was automatically updated and I'm unsure of the previous version I used to install this.

Let me know what other information I can provide and how to go about retrieving it and I will get it posted as soon as I can. Thank you all so much in advance for any help you can provide.

Kevin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enable ssh and login via putty so you can copy & paste the output of the following commands:

cat /proc/mdstat
    fdisk -l
    blkid
    cat /etc/fstab
    mount

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• When I try to enable SSH via WebGUI and I get this error:

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; systemctl stop avahi-daemon 2>&1': Failed to stop avahi-daemon.service: Unit avahi-daemon.service not loaded.
    Error #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; systemctl stop avahi-daemon 2>&1': Failed to stop avahi-daemon.service: Unit avahi-daemon.service not loaded.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/systemctl.inc:64Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/systemctl.inc(128): OMVSystemCtl->exec('stop')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/zeroconf.inc(56): OMVSystemCtl->stop()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMVModuleZeroconf->stopService()#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(494): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#11 {main}

So I tried sudo service avahi-daemon start. I get this:

Failed to start avahi-daemon.service: Unit avahi-daemon.service failed to load: Invalid argument. See system logs and 'systemctl status avahi-daemon.socet' for details.

I can take high resolution pictures of the screen if that helps with the commands you gave me? Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

screenshots are fine.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: mdadm --readwrite /dev/md0

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good. Now what is the output of cat /proc/mdstat

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is good.

Now:

xfs_check /dev/md0
    mount -a
    mount

• Offizieller Beitrag

sorry.... xfs_repair /dev/md0

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do the two mount commands now.

• Since nothing else seems to work and I wasn't getting much help from the interwebs, I tried something to see if it would work and it has. I decided to reinstall OMV on a new USB drive to maintain the existing copy on the original USB drive. Doing so without a network connection I was able to remount the RAID6 partition. All files are intact. Thanks for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!