Can't get rsync working (error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605))

• Hi there, i've got the follwing problem:

when I run rsync via WebGUI I get the following error:

Code
    connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

Here is my configuration:

Via CLI "rsync -aP /xxxxx root@192.168.20.211:/xxxx" the rsync command runs without problems.
    Any ideas?

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

By using ':/' your calling the rsync over ssh transport that's not supported over the webui. The password requested there is for rsync modules not standard login. Omv3 has support for rsync over ssh.

• I'm getting the same error:

Please wait, syncing <admin@xxxx.xxxxxx.local:/DropBox/RSYNCTEST> to </media/d0b792aa-4228-4df0-9ea7-3dc5a3c71398/DropBox/> ...

ived so far) [Receiver]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [Receiver=3.0.9]

Trying to test an rsync from our mac server to our new server before we switch over. Mac server is currently live and didn't want to copy everything over out of work hours, before testing the switching, so thought rsync would be ideal. Get them both working and syncing.

Obviously pulling from the source server [mac], seems to be connecting, but then errors. Not sure if it's the .local address that's the issue, but I've had [No directory found] on other attempts using ip and rsync commands.

Newbie to rsync, so it might be a basic error. Any pointers?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!