No key found for using apt-get upgrades

• Code
    W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://packages.omv-extras.org stoneburner Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 7AA630A1EDEE7D73

Has anyone got this error? How do I get the key that it wants... Using the CLI over SSH

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure why this is happening but I had to update the signing key due to weakness. apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73 will fix.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi Aaron,
    same issue but fix not working....

Code
    root@Minerva:~# apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73
    Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.uRyfDbHsbk --trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//openmediavault-keyring.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73
    gpg: requesting key EDEE7D73 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    gpg: keyserver timed out
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

I tried few times but no success.... - albeit I can access internet well...and ping well ubuntu.com.
    Any ideas?

! Started hacking with ZX81 and I am getting younger everyday like Master Yoda ! ! Raspi is to young generation what ZX81 was to mine ! ! I just love Raspi! Triple bang for the Raspi Foundation ! !And thank you guys for OMV !

• I have to humbly report...same issue... have a look:

I tried few more times but no more luck...

! Started hacking with ZX81 and I am getting younger everyday like Master Yoda ! ! Raspi is to young generation what ZX81 was to mine ! ! I just love Raspi! Triple bang for the Raspi Foundation ! !And thank you guys for OMV !

• I then omv-update :

some changes.... it did complain but did seem to update ...

• same:

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you install omv-extras again, it will add the key instead of worrying about downloading it from the keyserver. No idea why apt-key isn't working. I ran it on many machines and omv-extras installs keys this way all the time.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I suddenly realized that my OMV box hadn't received updates for quite a while. (My OMV has been so reliable that I haven't paid much attentions to it.) When I ran an 'apt-get update' at the command prompt to see, I got the same error reported in the original post. I was able to resolve the issue following ryecoaaron's advice. Thanks.

Not sure why this is happening but I had to update the signing key due to weakness. apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73 will fix.

OpenMediaVault 6.3.8-1 (Shaitan) :thumbup:
    HARDWARE: ZOTAC ZBOX CI323 Nano | SYSTEM: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) | KERNEL: Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.5-amd64
    PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N3150 1.6GHz | MEMORY: DDR3 4GB | STORAGE: SSD 60GB + HDD 1TB
    PLUGINS: nut, omvextrasorg, backup, downloader, cputemp, kernel, remotemount, resetperms, wetty

DOCKER: portainer, windscribe, transmission

• I had the same issue when doing an apt-clean over the GUI. Then i ran a upgrade in the console and it asked me to install omv-extras (again). I said yes and it warned me about not beeing able to authenticate the package. I clicked to install it anyway and now it runs fine.

• I know this thread is old, but the problem seems to be the same. Installed omv-extras using the wget command here https://omv-extras.org/

I solved my problem using the command above, just thought it might be worth highlighting.

Code
    W: GPG error: https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul buster Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 7AA630A1EDEE7D73
    E: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul buster Release' is not signed.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!