Missing FileSystem

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you plugin in a usb stick or usb hard drive, mount it, and then just remove it without unmounting it?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plug the drive back in and then unmount it in the filesystem tab.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• The problem is that the hard drive failed and I unplugged it without unmounting (I guess, because I did't realize what I was doing...)
    The solution you suggested, in other word is not possible: I need to calcel that "ghost" filesystem in another way: is there a file somewhere that I can "nano"?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the Delete button does not become active when you select the drive, you will have to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml.

• Hello, I tried to nano the file /etc/openmediavault/config.xml, but it seems to be beyond my possibilities: it sounds like a mess to me!
    But I discovered that the phantom-missing filesystem was cited in the SMART tests: so I canceled them (THE TESTS), but the filesystem is yet "cited": as I understand it is yet use in some service.
    iS THAT RIGHT?
    So, is it possible to understand WHERE the filesystem is cited, so I can cancel the service and the conseguent citation and make the "cancel" button in the "filesystem section" appare active again?
    Thanks in advance
    Massimo

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you look at the "shared folder in use" tab?

• Good evening, sir and thanks for helpèing me. Appreciated...
    Yes, for sure I looked into the "share folder in use", but alla the shares are located in exinting hard disk regularly mounted.
    I foud the "ghosyt" filesystem in a SMART self test & I canceled, but ... nothing, the gost is still "cited" and the erase button inactive...
    I'm thinking to give up on hunting, because it's coming an useless stubborness of an unexpert computer addicted.
    After all, the "ghost" filesystem is only aestetically annoyimg, but doesn't interfere with OMC functionality...
    Thanks again

• Hi Massimo,

I had the same because of not having unmounted a filesystem in time, i.e. as long as disk(s) were online and working.
    After trying out the hints, that ryecoaaron gave, I was able to get rid of the "ghost" filesystem.
    I guess you are more familiar with Windows, aren't you?
    If yes, then in OMV GUI enable SSH (under Services) and there, if not enabled by default, "Permit root login" and "Passwort authentication".
    Now at your Windows client install the freeware "WinSCP" and try to login onto your OMV.
    If you are successful so far, please feed back, and I'll tell you the further steps.

Best regards

Private NAS: Asus P9D-I + Xeon E3-1220L CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + LSI SAS2108 HBA + 4x8TB BTRFS RAID 10 + OMV 4 booting from single SLC SSD
    Private experimental NAS: Asus P9D-I + i3-4130T CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + 3x10 BTRFS RAID5 + OMV 5 beta booting from single SLC SSD

• Ok, then

1. go to /media. View should be something like picture attached. Look into folders listed - the twin, in this case "cdrom/cdrom0" can be ignored -, there must be one empty. Note its name. Here it is "18e2ee88..."

2. go to /etc/openmediavault and edit config.xml (F4). Search for "<fstab>" and comment out the corresponding <mntent> section (<fsname>!) by bracketing it with "<!--" and "-->" like this:

3. go to /etc and edit fstab. There will be one line with the same name. Comment it out by putting a "#" in front of the line:

Code
    # UUID=18e2ee88-7163-408c-ba50-4d5f6456999a /media/18e2ee88-7163-408c-ba50-4d5f6456999a ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

4. restart OMV. Your ghost filesystem should be away now. At least mine was away, after I did these steps.

As I find this out being valid for OMV3, I'm not quite sure, whether it is valid for OMV2 as well. But as I still have an OMV2 at company to compare with, I can look for differences if needed.

Edit: OMV2 at company does not show any differences.

Hope it helps.
    Johannes

Bilder

Private NAS: Asus P9D-I + Xeon E3-1220L CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + LSI SAS2108 HBA + 4x8TB BTRFS RAID 10 + OMV 4 booting from single SLC SSD
    Private experimental NAS: Asus P9D-I + i3-4130T CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + 3x10 BTRFS RAID5 + OMV 5 beta booting from single SLC SSD

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jopa ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!