Raspberry Pi 3 - Wifi support

• Offizieller Beitrag

When using the lastest version of OMV (3.0.40), the wifi setup survives reboots. I might be able to release an updated image in the next couple of days.

• That would be much appreciated if you could. I'd rather install from image than compile from source if at all possible. I'll hold off doing a full setup and keep exploring omv's options until then.

omv 3.0.53 | RPi3 | 2 x 2TB WDRed | Startech Enclosure S3510BMU33B | Weekly Rsync

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you can't wait, you can always install the latest image on sourceforge and update it over lan. Once it is updated, you shouldn't have an issue with wlan.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried upgrading from 2.2.5 to 3.0.40 but managed to break my install... I know just enough about unix to have a play and destroy an installation but not enough to put it back together.

So I started fresh with v 3.0.24 and upgraded to 3.0.41 (probably just before you put the new image up). wlan0 currently seems to work on boot without issues so thank you for fixing that. However, I notice that power management is 'on' as default. I've seen a number of people complain that this can cause their wifi to be quite unreliable with the RPi (using any debian based OS).

By installing wireless-tools and running the command 'iwconfig wlan0 power off' I can disable power management, but it comes back on after reboot. I've tried adding that command to /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh so that it runs at boot, but power management is still on (I assume because it's called to early in the sequence). Could you please suggest where I could place the command so that power management is disabled at boot?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

omv 3.0.53 | RPi3 | 2 x 2TB WDRed | Startech Enclosure S3510BMU33B | Weekly Rsync

• Offizieller Beitrag

Put the command in /etc/rc.local

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I might be wrong, but I think there's an issue with the latest RPi image (3.0.41).

It looks good initially, on a fresh install I can log in with the terminal (with keyboard but not ssh) and web GUI (eth not wlan). But then I can't actually do anything. Whatever I do via the command line throws back errors, even just trying to change the default password. Any changes made via the GUI are 'accepted' but then aren't actually saved.

Most of the errors on the command line say something related to not enough memory. My sd card has 64GB (exFAT) so this shouldn't be an issue. When I run 'df -H' it looks like hardly any of the card is being used but the free space doesn't show up. Is it possible that something in the partitioning script on first boot has changed? This wasn't an issue using the same card with images 2.2.5 or 3.0.24, I've tried loading it twice and I get the exact same issue.

Let me know if there's any more info I can provide to help diagnose the issue. It would be good to know if this is just mine or if it's an issue for anyone else.

• Apologies, I should have posted this on a different thread and notice that others have had the same problem. If it's possible, please feel free to move my post to the correct thread.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this. I wrote the image three times to the SD card and it worked each time. Are you using and RPi2 or RPi3? Are you sure the resize script is done? I did have to fix it because it was broken in all of the other 3.x images. Maybe your SD card has been written to too many times? They fail on me a lot when creating these images.

• It's a brand new sd card, so I wouldn't expect this to be the case (I could re-write the 3.0.24 image to check that the card still works). Before I do that, how would I check if the resize script has been called correctly? The terminal output scrolls too quickly on my screen to read, is this saved to a log somewhere?

If the resize script hasn't played well with my sd card for some reason, how would I call it to run again and check its output?

Thanks for your help with this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't log (maybe I should do that in the future) but if your third partition is larger than 64 MB, it should have worked. What is the output of df -h

The script is in /root/ but I wouldn't run it again yet.

You didn't say which RPi you are using either.

• I'm using an RPi3.

I tried a fresh install from a new download in case something got corrupted and I get the exact same result.

I couldn't think of another way to show the output (I can't ssh in and can't send directly from the RPi) so here's a photo taken from my phone, hope the quality is good enough to make out the text. At this point the only thing I've done is log in with a keyboard, run 'df -h' and 'passwd'.
    http://pasteboard.co/1bupXfZkV.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I forgot to delete the zeroing file so the root partition is full. I will fix and upload a new image.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!