RAID Mirroring Setup Issue (RPi + OMV 2.2.5)

• Hi,
    I browsed around and apologies if I missed answer.
    I am new to OMV and installed all to an RPi.
    I want to setup a mirroring and I end up with... a blank choice on device on Raid but I do see my two Hdrives.
    All seems nominal...
    Rpi-OMV 2.2.6 (stone burner)
    Linux Kernel 4.4.19v7+
    I have two disks 2Tb on USB attached to it.
    One of the drive is on SMB and I can see and use it fine.... but unable to setup the RAID mirroring...
    Just I got stuck on the RAID creation...
    Any ideas?

! Started hacking with ZX81 and I am getting younger everyday like Master Yoda ! ! Raspi is to young generation what ZX81 was to mine ! ! I just love Raspi! Triple bang for the Raspi Foundation ! !And thank you guys for OMV !

• Not 100% sure but what exactly you want to build raid out of?
    I see that all of your disks are in use.
    If I read the pictures correctly you have 3 devices . Some kind of mmc.. Sda and sdb.
    Mmc is an OS drive right?

But your sda and sdb are already in use. They are mounted, have labels and all.
    What are you want to build raid on?
    If the sda and sdb have no data. Try this.
    Step one unmount both of them.
    Not sure if you can do that on omv ui, but in cli run gdisk and create new partition table. Nothing else .

Than in ui, create raid. Once the disks are unmounted and cleared they should come up in raid module as available .

Sent from my phone

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Hi vl,
    That was the procedure I used on the first try. But it did not work...
    I tried again, unmounted everything but the GUI refuses to show any of physical drive in the RAID setup box it ends up freezing the interface/HTML page of OMV each time... so I guess some pb somewhere...?

on th syslog I keep getting this error - but sure it is related:

Code
    Sep 11 08:49:58 Minerva collectd[5403]: Filter subsystem: Built-in target `write': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with status -1.
    Sep 11 08:49:58 Minerva collectd[5403]: rrdcached plugin: rrdc_update (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/cpu-3/cpu-interrupt.rrd, [1473576598:0], 1) failed with status -1.

on Dmesg I get:

my fdisk looks like:

any advise ?

! Started hacking with ZX81 and I am getting younger everyday like Master Yoda ! ! Raspi is to young generation what ZX81 was to mine ! ! I just love Raspi! Triple bang for the Raspi Foundation ! !And thank you guys for OMV !

• I thought I had solved the issue by using this tutorial:
    http://lazic.info/josip/post/i…ediavault-on-raid-device/

but then when I logged into the GUI.... nothing the RAID page... weird...

any further ideas?

• here is what I have done, just in case someone needs to use it again:
    (my two disks where sda and sdb, I kept the boot and OS partition as in the orginal Tuto - just in case, it can be useful, but unlike in the original tuto I have not activated OMV on the USB drive, so it still runs on the SD car on the RPi):

From Josip Lazic:

Used to create my RAID:
    1) créer les partitions: (avec un boot, un free pour un os si besoin, et les datas)
    parted -a optimal /dev/sda mklabel gpt
    parted -a optimal /dev/sda mkpart grub ext2 2048s 12M
    parted -a optimal /dev/sda mkpart root ext4 12M 4096M
    parted -a optimal /dev/sda mkpart data ext4 4096M 100%
    parted -a optimal /dev/sda set 1 bios_grub on
    parted -a optimal /dev/sda set 2 boot on

2) Cloning partition a to b
    sgdisk -R=/dev/sdb /dev/sda
    sgdisk -G /dev/sdb

3)Creating the RAID
    mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 --metadata=0.90 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb2
    mdadm --create /dev/md1 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 --metadata=0.90 /dev/sda3 /dev/sdb3

4)Creating File Systems
    mkfs.ext4 /dev/md0
    mdadm --detail --scan >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
    and then
    mkfs.ext4 -m 1 -L DATA /dev/md1

I did all thsi work as root logged via ssh.
    best

• it is quite weird when mounting the md1 I got this error message:

apparently as FSTAB error but I can see how to correct this....

Idea are welcome?

• I removed everything and reinstalled everything and it is fine but I had to manually modify the config.xml as the GUI not remove previous file systems.
    I then re-installed and it seems now working.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!