[rsnapshot] Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder

• Hello,

I think, something is brokein in my OMV-Database:
    When trying access rsnapshot from the WebIF or to add a task to rsnapshot, I get:

Code
    Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='cc78b5f3-cc6b-42ff-ad68-422917ccaa04']'.
    Fehler #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='cc78b5f3-cc6b-42ff-ad68-422917ccaa04']'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rsnapshot.inc(73): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.sha...', 'cc78b5f3-cc6b-4...')#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRsnapshot->getList(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RSnapshot', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

How can I fix this/reset this part of the omv-database?

Regards,
    Hendrik

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you delete the shared folder that one of the rsnapshot jobs was using?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then you need to delete the rsnapshot job using that shared folder. Can you delete it from the plugin? Otherwise, you will need to delete it manually from config.xml.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That however removes all existing config as well :(

A real workarond that retains your existing config is to:
    1) create a new Shared Folder e.g "MyNewFolder"
    2) take the UUID from the error ('cc78b5f3-cc6b-42ff-ad68-422917ccaa04' in the above post)
    3) Open a root shell on the OVM box and open /etc/openmediavault/config.xml in your favorite editor

4) Search for the entry which has "<name>MyNewFolder</name>"

5) Replace the existing value of <uuid> .... </uuid> and put in the UUID from the error.

If you now navigate to the rSnapshot it will show the new directory configures, as well as the old ones. You can now remove the newly created directory (or reconfigure it if needed)

I do note by the way that not being able to find a configured directory is a rather trivial error which should be handled by rSnapshot gracefully and not lead to total failure of the functionality.Perhaps implement a try catch block?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!