OMV Sensos not working anymore

• Hi guys!

Since 2 days or so the omv sensors plugin is not working anymore on my nas build. Before it worked over months without problems.

The last i did was install the 4.7.4 custom kernel....but also with older kernels it does not work anymore. I reinstalled the plugin but that also didn´t solve the problem.

Any ideas?

• Hi
    Have you already done it?

Code
    rm /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    wget -O /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-sensors/master/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    chmod +x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi

OMV6 Hewlett-Packard HPE-411at - Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz - 16GB Ram

Proxmox omv 7 sandworm Dell OptiPlex 7050 i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz - 32GB Ram (Test!!!!)

• Running 1.0.23 with no issues.

Try changing something on the plugin page, save/apply then recheck if it is working.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Did this several times already....didn´t do anything. It´s still not showing any info.

How can i remove the plugin completly? With any files created from it? Is it enough to do a deinstallation from the web gui?

Strange is, if i remove it from within the web gui, the web gui doesn´t load complete anymore. Its only showing the openmediavault banner in the top left corner....after the login screen.

With chromes inkognito mode it loads normaly and i can reinstall the plugin....and after that the web gui loads normaly without inkognito mode.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What doesn't work? While I'm not getting any readings in my fresh VM (which is expected in a VM), the plugin is installed correctly and is working fine.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What doesn't work? While I'm not getting any readings in my fresh VM (which is expected in a VM), the plugin is installed correctly and is working fine.

Vm's AFAIK do not have any sensors so like you say, i would not expect it to work.

@epicfail
    As for an actual machine is should work if

1. Sensors are in the script
    2. You only create graphs for working sensors IE, if you only have CPU temp but also enable combined motherboard temp it will give sad faces.

Run sensors  from the shell and let me know the output

sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors This can be used to check for issues, it runs the main script in debug mode so i can see if there are any issues, let me know the output.

• Thanks @epicfail

First off, I take it you only enabled the CPU temp?

In the output from running sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors it is not picking up your CPU sensor, to find out why could you run ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors*/
    This will show the files used for your sensor and what folders they are in, my output looks like

Code
    root@HOMESERVER:/# ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors*/
    /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-atk0110-acpi-0/:
    fanspeed-fan1.rrd  fanspeed-fan2.rrd  fanspeed-fan3.rrd  fanspeed-fan4.rrd  temperature-temp1.rrd  temperature-temp2.rrd  voltage-in0.rrd  voltage-in1.rrd  voltage-in2.rrd  voltage-in3.rrd

/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-coretemp-isa-0000/:
    temperature-temp2.rrd  temperature-temp3.rrd  temperature-temp4.rrd  temperature-temp5.rrd

/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-nouveau-pci-0100/temperature-temp1.rrd

• Can't see the folder name, try running ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!