To Plugin, or not to Plugin... That is the question

• So I am waffling between doing:

• a custom Ubuntu/Debian build w/ Webmin, mergerfs, /var moved to the tmpfs, on USB.
    • OMV w/ mergerfs, flashmemory plugin, etc

MY concern with going with OMV lies with the plugins. 2.0 is stable, 3.x is in beta, but it seems all the good plugins are in the beta camp, and nothing new is coming to the 2.0 branch. Is it possible to use OMV, and if there is no plugin, to go with apt-get for installs instead?

I really would like to use OMV but the plugin system is really hindering my decision to to move forward. Any advice?
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 3.x is ready in my opinion. What are the good plugins??

OMV is just debian. You can install anything that you can install on Debian. Just don't expect the plugin to interact properly if you install a package and configure manually first.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• yeah that makes sense. I can always give it a go and if another plugin gives me trouble due to a manual install of something else, to either come here or.... deal with it, I guess :)

Thanks. So you think 3.0 is ready eh?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So you think 3.0 is ready eh?

I have been running it on all of my systems for 6+ months. So, yes. Volker thinks it is ready as well. Just a couple of the plugins aren't.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!