Brauche Hilfe!

• Ich bin am verzweifeln:
    In Windows Netzwerk (W10, W8, W8.1) ist es unmöglich Dateien zuverlässig zu kopieren:
    • Kopiervorgang startet ganz normal
    • irgendwann stürzt omv ab und ist nur per Hardreset zum Leben zu erwecken
    • ein virtueller PC (VMWare) auf dem W7 läuft kopiert die Daten (zwar langsamer) aber zuverlässig. Das kann doch die Lösung nicht sein?

Ich hatte dieses Problem von Anfang an, nur lief damals noch ein natives W7 mit dem ich kopierete, da ich dachte es liegt an W8/ W8.1 oder W10.
    Der Fehler kann doch nur an OMV/ Linux liegen, oder?

• Celeron G1840 2,8GHz
    • RAID6 14x 6TB (65,19TiB) clean mit XFS
    • Linux 3.2.0-4
    • OMV 2.2.6
    • OMV Extras (inkl. Erprobung)
    • Autoshutdown (not enabled)
    • SMB/CIFS
    • SSH

Am Speicherplatz oder Dateisystem kann es nicht liegen, da es ja in der VM klappt und Anfangs auch mit ext4 passierte.
    Müssen noch irgendwelche Dienste oder Plugins installiert werden oder ist OMV nur W7-kompatibel?

I am despairing:
    My Windows network (W10, W8, W8.1) it is impossible to copy files reliably:

• Copying will start as usual
    • but in 99% omv crashes, only a omv-hard reset is than possible
    • ONLY a virtual PC (VMWare, running W7) or a native W7 can ever copy my data (slower) reliable This cant the solution, or?

I had this problem from the beginning, but I thought it is a problem from W8 / W8.1 or W10.
    But now Im sure, the fault lies at OMV/ Linux.

Do I need to activate any services or install plugins or is omv still compatible with W7?

lG
    Petra

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would install the backports kernel. There is a button to do that in omv-extras.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron
    Is there is a better compatibility with W10? What means backport? An older Distribution, Backdoors, Back to the future?

@votdev
    if omv reboot after a crash I find nothing about the Crash before, only the actual state.
    It exist an "(entferntes) remote syslog": but I've no plan what to fill in at "Host"...

lG
    Petra

• Offizieller Beitrag

if omv reboot after a crash I find nothing about the Crash before, only the actual state.

Was soll das heissen? Das syslog beinhaltet auch die Information vor einem Reboot.

Was heisst stürzt ab? Ist die SMB Verbindung nicht mehr verfügbar, ist die WebUI noch erreichbar? Oder hängt das ganze System. In diesem Fall sollte aber eine Fehlermeldung auf TTY0 ausgegeben werden, bsp. irgendwelche Kernel Meldungen (bsp. OOP).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there is a better compatibility with W10? What means backport?

I was thinking the cause of your problem was an old network driver. Using the backports kernel (which is backported from Debian Jessie) would give you a newer driver possibly fixing the crash.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• @votdev
    Die im UI angezeigte Syslog enthält nichts nach dem Reboot, wo ich eine andere finde weiß ich nicht. TTY sagt mir nicht viel, außer dass es Befehle für PuTTY sind?
    Unter Absturz verstehe ich, dass omv weder per LAN noch per UI erreichbar ist.

@ryecoaaron
    Is there not an easy way to update the networkdriver on the running system?

I fear I can't recover anything if the backportkernel crashes the system.

lG
    Petra

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there not an easy way to update the networkdriver on the running system?

I fear I can't recover anything if the backportkernel crashes the system.

Yep, update to the backport kernel. That is the easy way.

Why do you think the backport kernel will crash the system? I run the backport kernel on all of my systems.

• Is there is a better compatibility with W10? What means backport? An older Distribution, Backdoors, Back to the future?

Yes there is a better compatibilty with W10, that would involve upgrading Samba to at least 4.3. SMB protocol 3.1.1 is fully supported in this version. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Four weeks ago I started using OMV2 on my DIY fileserver, and I had similar issues. Slow file copy, and unable to get roaming profiles to work with Samba AD.

OMV2 ships with wheezy, Samba 3.6
    OMV3 will ship with Jessie, Samba 4.2

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried compiling Samba 4.5 on wheezy, so I could hold on to OMV. But I ran into dependancy issues. So I decided to install Debian Stretch, which has Samba 4.4 in repo.

All my problems are over now. Samba and W10 working perfectly. But I had to let go OMV :(((

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried compiling Samba 4.5 on wheezy, so I could hold on to OMV. But I ran into dependancy issues. So I decided to install Debian Stretch, which has Samba 4.4 in repo.

All my problems are over now. Samba and W10 working perfectly. But I had to let go OMV :(((

I use Windows 10 with OMV 3.x and don't have any samba issues. 4.2 is all you really need. OMV 2 should even work if you set max protocol to be smb2.

• Gelöst/ solved!

-> Yep, update to the backport kernel. That is the easy way.

It looks as if it works: Thanx so much :)

What I dont understand are the remarks above:

"set max protocol to be smb2."

What is max protocol and where to configure it? Why is it misconfigured?

But no matter the "Backstage" kernel works...

Really facilitated Greetings

Petra

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is max protocol and where to configure it? Why is it misconfigured?

Max protocol is an option you can put in the extra options box on the Smb/cifs settings tab. It limits the protocol that Windows clients try to connect at. On OMV 2.x, samba 3.6 doesn't support smb3 protocol but newer Windows will still try to connect using that protocol. Setting the option will connect the Windows clients at a protocol it supports. So, it isn't misconfigured. It is just older than Windows 8 and 10 and doesn't know about smb3 protocol.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, I think the network driver was causing the issue. So, installing the backports kernel was the right solution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No. OMV 2.x is Debian Wheezy 7.x and uses the 3.2 kernel. The backport kernel is backported from Debian Jessie 8.x and uses the 3.16 kernel. So, it is much newer and will definitely receive updates (since Debian Jessie is the stable release now).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Volker chooses to use the default Debian kernel.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!