Mixed up NICs

• Hi all. :)

I've just started building a NAS, and after a few hiccups now have OMV installed with a Asus P5Q Deluxe motherboard.
    When I first installed OMV, I had the 2nd Ethernet port disabled in BIOS; no worries there.

I have since run into a situation where I want a gigabit link straight to my main PC, in addition to the existing link to my 10/100 network. I turned on the 2nd port in the BIOS and it was picked up fine.

• I'm having an issue though, where the interfaces are mixed about sometimes in the configuration. I have attached a screenshot below:
    http://andtfoot.smugmug.com/ph…5kc/0/XL/i-7CNs5kc-XL.jpg
    I have Eth0 configured to DHCP, and connected to the main network. It worked fine originally, and I did not move the plug when adding the second port.
    Eth1 has a static address, and was connected directly to my PC.
    After one of a few reboots (I think), it appears the interfaces have swapped as I could not connect through the main network until I swapped the connections. In the screenshot it shows I'm connecting to 192.168.8.109, but the link lights on the web page show me connected to the port assigned with 192.168.8.10.

I don't know how to explain it very well, but does anyone know what might be going on? (I'm a Linux noob, but have experience with network stuff)

Thanks. :P

• Ahh bugger.... I've just had my motherboard cark it, so I can't do any troubleshooting at all. I'm now using a board with only a single ethernet port, so I guess it's resolved for me in a way.

Should I mark it resolved, or is it still worth some discussion?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It would odd for the network adapters to switch since Linux stores the mac address assigned to eth0, eth1, etc. Your picture shows both network adapters having a static IP. Do you have a pic for each switched configuration?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!