Update manager page remains blank.

• Hi everyone,

I'm running 2.2.10 on an HP 40L.

Recently (I am not sure when), available updates have stopped appearing in the Update Manager page. However, I continue to get monit emails containing the list of available updates.

Refreshing the page or re-checking does not change things.

If I ssh into the box to a terminal, apt-get is functional, so I can update, upgrade, etc.; monit then stops reporting as expected. The initial conclusion is that there is broken linkage between the update manager process and apt-get.

However, if I add or remove a plug-in on the Plugins page (when monit is reporting updates available), then on return to the Update manager, the updates reported by monit's email are now visible, and updates can now be carried out from the GUI as before. Another conclusion would therefore seem to be is that some script is now no longer being triggered when updates are available, but IS being triggered after plugin install/remove activity.

This is repeatable with 100% reliability. It has been the case for a couple of months now. The same behaviour is exhibited on my other two servers (both based on obsolete x86 Shuttles), so it's not just this one. All three are kept up to date: the install on the N40L has been done at a different time to the Shuttles, but both Shuttles were installed from scratch at the same time about a month after (6 months ago).

I am afraid I can't pin this down to a specific update or date: I am also unable to see anyone else here reporting the same issue.

I am more than willing to do the work - can anyone point me to a thread discussing similar symptoms? Is there a fix for this?

I really appreciate any advice or help you can give!

Sincerely,

Rob Schofield

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!