OMV 3.0 suggested improvement

• Hello,

I know this is a problem of Jessie but i want to inform you about it:
    If you shutdown or reboot Jessie the ssh connection isn't terminated by systemd, so the ssh client won't close until it runs into a timeout.
    If you would install default libpam-systemd and dbus, systemd can terminate all user logins inclusive the ssh connection.

Thanks & Greetz
    Wastez

OMV 4 Arrakis | Kernel 4.14 ... running on
    SelfBuilt NAS -- Asrock Q1900-ITX -- 4x 2,4 GHz in Burst Mode -- 4 GB DDR3 RAM -- RAID 5 -- 3x 3TB WD Red

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have libpam-systemd installed and it disconnects ssh clients just fine. Not sure what ssh client you are using? Maybe it isn't clean but you are rebooting anyway.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I used different ssh clients and yes it's disconnecting after it runs in a timeout.
    Before Jessie it was disconnected on the Server side on shutdown.
    I just wanted to inform you that these packages will authorize systemd to terminate all usersessions, which solves this problem.

SelfBuilt NAS -- Asrock Q1900-ITX -- 4x 2,4 GHz in Burst Mode -- 4 GB DDR3 RAM -- RAID 5 -- 3x 3TB WD Red

• Offizieller Beitrag

Were you having issues with client disconnections?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Some other things:
    proftp and tftp is still active in sysinit, even if they disabled.

So if you start them now with systemd you should remove them from sysinit.

• If they are disabled in the omv webinterface, the daemons are still loaded.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you install? From the latest OMV ISO or debian then OMV? If you enable then disable, they aren't running. This should've been fixed quite a few versions ago.

• proftp and tftp is still active in sysinit, even if they disabled.

I also see that on erasmus 3.0.44. I installed the latest iso (omv3.0.36) some time ago and updated through the package manager. Enabling/Disabling that services doesn't work for me.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• I installed OMV 3.0.36 iso.
    Enabling and disabling helped in my case.
    Now it is in sysvinit also disabled.

• Is there a changelog of omv 3 out there?
    This would help to prevent such posts.

• Offizieller Beitrag

sysvinit is not actually installed on OMV 3.x. There is a sysvinit compatibility layer to systemd that allows you to keep using init scripts but everything is still going through systemd.

https://github.com/openmediava…diavault/debian/changelog

• Enabling/Disabling that services doesn't work for me.

Sorry, my statement is wrong. Enabling/Disabling works as expected.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!