Tried to update plexmediaserver plugin, didn't work, tried to re-install, can't find package.

• Edit: Fixed it, found another post about omv-extras pubkeys, used `apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-omvextrasorg` to repair the keys, everything seems to work now.

---

I was having some issues with a plugin in plex, so i figured i'd try and update plex according to the instructions on the "setup info" tab. The update replaced the init.d file with a symlink that linked to a file that doesn't exist, so it wouldn't start, i tried replacing it with the old init file (which was thankfully preserved as plexmediaserver.dpkg.bak or something like that) and i could get it to start, but i had to manually start it every time after a reboot. So i tried to uninstall the plugin and reinstall from scratch, it uninstalled fine, seemingly, but trying to reinstall the plex plugin from the plugins tab gives me this error

It seems like the plex package is missing from the omv extras repo? or is something else going on? It would be great if the repo could just be updated to the latest version...

• Hey,
    unfortunately I don't have a real sollution for the problem, but maybe a workaround.
    You could download the Package from here: http://shell.ninthgate.se/pack…l/main/p/plexmediaserver/ and install it manually.
    I had OMV 2 running without the actual PlexPlugin for months without problems. The PlexMediaServer-Menu in OMV won't be present, but the PLexMediaServer should work.

OpenMediaVault 4
    AMD Phenom 2.3GHz, 6GB DDR2-RAM
    Internal (2TB+2TB+3TB) + External (2TB+1TB+4TB+4TB) = 9TB SnapRAID with 2x4TB Parity

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you enable the repo in omv-extras, you get the same package that is in ninthgate.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Edit: Fixed it, found another post about omv-extras pubkeys, used `apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-omvextrasorg` to repair the keys, everything seems to work now.

---

Hey,
    unfortunately I don't have a real sollution for the problem, but maybe a workaround.
    You could download the Package from here: http://shell.ninthgate.se/pack…l/main/p/plexmediaserver/ and install it manually.
    I had OMV 2 running without the actual PlexPlugin for months without problems. The PlexMediaServer-Menu in OMV won't be present, but the PLexMediaServer should work.

That rather defeats the purpose of running OMV. I want the menu in OMV, i could easily install plexmediaserver manually if i wanted to.

If you enable the repo in omv-extras, you get the same package that is in ninthgate.

What i'm asking here specifically is why OMV seems to be saying that package is unavailable, the repo is enabled but it seems to 404 trying to grab the package.

Hmm, perhaps if i configure the ninthgate repo, and then install plex as normal from the plugins tab, it should grab the plexmediaserver package from ninthgate and the menu packages from omv-extras and maybe just work? I might try that later.

Edit: So, I found out why it can't find the package, because it doesn't exist. The repo *is* updated to the latest version of plex and that's the only packages it has, but for some reason my index won't update a few repo's, i ran a manually `apt-get update` and got this:

So it seems my repo's are missing the pubkeys, anyone know how i can fix this? been awhile since i had to mess around with all that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So it seems my repo's are missing the pubkeys, anyone know how i can fix this? been awhile since i had to mess around with all that.

Outage: omv-extras

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just ran `apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-omvextrasorg` as i saw as a solution to a similar problem in another thread after a bit of googling, it solved the problem.

That only works if you have a new enough omv-extras version installed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!