Plex downgrade possible?

• Dear all,

today i'm facing a new problem - since the last plex update my samsung with plex app doesn't show any artwort/icons/thumbnails anymore.
    refering to that post: https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…splay-text-problem#latest
    only a downgrade could help (buying a new tv is not an option...)

can anybody give me hints how to manage this?

Thanks in advance

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• I too am interested in this as I am experiencing XBOX 360 issues since upgrading.
    Similar to other users in the Plex Xbox 360 forum (https://forums.plex.tv/categories/plex-for-xbox-360)
    https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…dio-and-video-out-of-sync
    https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…755/mp3-audio-out-of-sync

I tried a version of 0.9.17 and followed the instructions in the Setup Info for "Upgrading Plex Media Server Manually"
    However I either grabbed the wrong version of the .deb file or I did something else wrong. I got a
    "Unpacking replacement plexmediaserver" message but there was not /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver file when done.

If anyone has an idea of what .deb I am supposed to use or any other way to revert to an older version of plex media server, please let me know.
    Thanks!

• Dear All,
    since the problem is not solved, i'm trying my luck here again. Can somebody give me a hint how to downgrade plex to version 1.0.3.2461
    The problems with the newer version happen if you use an "older" Samsung TV with the Plex App Version 1.019 I cant see any thumbnails and any special characters are show encoded as HTML...
    An upgrade for the Plex App will not happen... so the only thing I can do is using an old version of the Plex server.

So PLEASE help me ;-))

Thanks alot

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• To downgrade, just install the older package with:

dpkg -i package-name

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Dear gderf,

thx for your reply - could you give me an additional hint where I get the name for the package name from?

Thanks for your help in advance!!

• The first place to look is in /var/cache/apt/archives

You may have the current and older version packages there if you haven't cleaned them out.

If the older version you need isn't there, you will need to find it elsewhere and I don't think plex.tv makes them available.

Post the full file names of your current and desired versions and what hardware platform you are running on and maybe someone will have a copy and make it available to you.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• At var/cache/apt/archives is only one plex file
    => plexmediaserver_1.2.7.2987-1bef33a-debian_amd64.deb

but nothing that looks like the desired version:
    plexmediaserver_1.0.3.2461-1bef33a-debian_amd64.deb
    I dont know if the file name is correct especially the part with 1bef33a

but if someone can tell me where to get/find that file - that would bei great

• Thanks alot, I fetched it!!!
    Do you know if anything else is to be done before the downgrade? Do you know if any problems are to be expected??

• Should be no problem to downgrade. Just install it with dpkg -i

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!