WebGUI lost after upgrade OMV 2.2.10 to 3.0.46

• As I mentioned I upgrade using commandline.

I have an Odroid XU4 NAS.

I checked my plugins so the upgrade didn't was in risk of spoilting everything, I had in OMV 2.2.10:
    Plex, Nginx, Bittorrent, Mysql, and I think that's all.

At the beggining after reboot, I wasn't able to enter webGUI, so I readed few threads and I was able to start the plugin but once I write the user and pass I get this error:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Any suggestion?

Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

The owncloud plugin hasn't been ported (and probably won't be) to OMV 3.x

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The owncloud plugin hasn't been ported (and probably won't be) to OMV 3.x

I made a mistake explaining my system. I had owncloud from the repos, but I needed to upgrade so I uninstall it and I used the nginx and mysql solution. So after all I didn't have Owncloud on my NAS when I upgraded.

Best regards.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try: omv-engined -df

This will show you errors.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Here you have the result of omv-engined -df:

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

EDIT: Just in case it may be helpful I have a backup of my OMV 2.x in one of my HDs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think you have an old version of openmediavault-backup installed. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• Here you have:

Code
    root@odroid:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                 3.0.46                            all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup          1.0.11                            all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory     1.9.2                             all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                               all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-mysql           2.1                               all          MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-nginx           2.4                               all          Nginx plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg    3.3.16                            all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15                            all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-transmissionbt  1.4                               all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You have lots of old plugins. Try the following:

omv-aptclean
    apt-get install openmediavault-backup openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-mysql openmediavault-plexmediaserver openmediavault-transmissionbt

• I did what you asked me, now thats the result of dpkg -l | grep openm:

Code
    root@odroid:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                 3.0.46                            all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup          3.3.4                             all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory     3.4.3                             all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                               all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-mysql           3.0.4                             all          MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-nginx           3.0.7                             all          Nginx plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg    3.3.17                            all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15                            all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-transmissionbt  3.0.7                             all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.

The problem now is I can't get WebGUI to work.

I tryed om-firstaid and when I try to fix up webgui I get [Errno 2]Not such file or directory...

Maybe it is impossible to give back life to my NAS and it woudl be better to start a fresh install.

I have a RAID couple of 1T HD and a nother 500gigas for bittorrent, plex and owncloud. I could unnplug everything and start from the begining. If you think it is difficult to recover the syste.

I wait for your advice.

Bst regards.

• Sorry pal, I didn't realize.

Here you have the output for omv-engined -df:

It seems that there is no error now. ?¿?¿

• I did what you told me.

Reboot.

But I reallized that the sistem is read only, so I had to do: mount -o remount,rw /

Then I run omv-firstaid and tryed to arrange webgui starting with the port, the I get the same [Errno 2]No such file or directory

• Thanks to br41n I manage to clean a little my OMV NAS.

I removed old plugins and reinstall the last version, also clean some wrong sources.

Now I do not get error with omv-engined -df

But I still have no acces to webgui.

Any suggestion will be apreciated.

Although I am starting to consider doing a fresh install.

Regards.

EDIT: By the way, don't know why my sistem is RO, and everytime I reboot I have to do: mount -o remount,rw / to sort it out and make it RW.

omv-fisrtaid gives me a error: [Errno 2]No such file or directory

EDIT2: Another try with the following commands: service php5-fpm start and service nginx start. Iget error from nginx. But I am able to try and connect WebGUI, with the same error of the beggining...

• Offizieller Beitrag

What I can suggest anyone who whants to upgrade is either wait to a more stable version or make sure all plugins are OK with OMV3.

The problems you are having are not the typical upgrade errors. I also don't recommend upgrading armhf systems like the RPi and odroid.

Sounds like you changed the OMV ports because something else was using them. I think you are still having a conflict of ports. I wouldn't reinstall any plugins until you get the web interface working. Try rewriting the nginx and php5fpm config files as well.

omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php5fpm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!