jdownloader - permission problem after extraction

• Hey,

I've searched the web twice and raped google to find a solution, but without access.

I've installed JDownloader with OMV Extras and running OMV3. Everything works as it should except the file permissions of the extracted content.
    Folders -> read write execute
    Files -> read write

A lot of my downloads have windows executables inside of the package. And I don't want to run chmod everytime, when I'm going to start them over the network.
    Is there any way to tell JD that the files should have rwx as permission?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Windows shouldn't care if the executable bit is set on a Linux filesystem. I execute programs from a read only share all the time.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Windows shouldn't care if the executable bit is set on a Linux filesystem. I execute programs from a read only share all the time.

I know, but that is the behaviour. I'll get a error message that I have not the permission to execute as soon as I hit start the .exe. If I'll give the file 777 via chmod, everything is working.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What are the permissions before you change it?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I looked at my program share again. I guess it is read only for samba but the files are 744 and I am executing as the owner. So, I guess Windows does look at the execute bit. Can't believe I haven't run into that before.

• I looked at my program share again. I guess it is read only for samba but the files are 744 and I am executing as the owner. So, I guess Windows does look at the execute bit. Can't believe I haven't run into that before.

The owner of the files is the user "jdownloader" but I use another user to access the samba share.
    Both are in the same user group "users". I also checked the ACL of the shared folders and everyone has rwx.
    The smb share settings dialog has no special setting to get rid of this setting ... grml

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use jdownloader but I am guessing it uses a flag when extracting to keep the same permissions as what is in the archive??

If ACLs aren't working, you could add a scheduled job to chmod the permissions on the files in the directory and run the job every five minutes.

• I don't use jdownloader but I am guessing it uses a flag when extracting to keep the same permissions as what is in the archive??

If ACLs aren't working, you could add a scheduled job to chmod the permissions on the files in the directory and run the job every five minutes.

Yep.. it think this dirty workaround is the only thing I can do atm.

• I don't use jdownloader but I am guessing it uses a flag when extracting to keep the same permissions as what is in the archive??

FYI:
    I've solved it. It's a samba bug.

Adding this to the global settings of /etc/samba/smb.conf:
    "acl allow execute always = True"

And everything is fine :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nice find :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!