Disk remove

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to remove all shared folders referencing that filesystem. If the shared folder(s) are referenced by services, they have to be removed before you can remove the shared folder. Once the filesystem says No in the referenced column, you should be able to remove it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There are no shared folders.
    The disk no longer belongs to the system.
    Thanks.

Raspberry Pi5 (8Gb)

Version: 7.0.31 (Sandworm)

Processor: Raspberry Pi 5 Model B Rev 1.0

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-rpi8-rpi-27126.4.4-6.4.4-1 (Shaitan) (Shaitan)6.4.4-1 (Shaitan)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It says in your screenshot that it is still referenced. You will have to manually delete it from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml then. Look in the mntent section.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Solved.
    After inspecting 'config.xml' i saw disk referenced by Plex.
    Sorry i'm a very, very newbie in OMV and Linux.

Thank you so much.

Raspberry Pi5 (8Gb)

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-rpi8-rpi-27126.4.4-6.4.4-1 (Shaitan) (Shaitan)6.4.4-1 (Shaitan)

• I, too, have a disk showing it's Referenced. I have reviewed the config.xml file, but I am a neophyte about looking at the file and making any determinations. What should I be looking for that might indicate a reference on that drive? What pattern of information should I be looking for?

This is an update.
    I had a disk that had been EXT4 and was referenced, and wanted to format it BTRFS. Couldn't mount it, couldn't delete it, etc., etc. I finally looked up some commands on the web and ran this:
    mkfs.btrfs -f -L sdadisk1 /dev/sda. The "stuck" drive then finally disappeared from the File Systems tab, and I was able to Create it, and Mount it. What's interesting is that the Reference is still there.

• May be some shared folders are referenced to that disk.
    In config.xml search for <sharedfolder> and look if there is some reference folders, like bitTorrents files and locations or DataBase folder of PlexMediaServer, or something else. If you can identify 'uuid' disk your search is more easy, because you can see what is pending.

Raspberry Pi5 (8Gb)

• In config.xml search for <sharedfolder> and look if there is some reference folders, like bitTorrents files and locations or DataBase folder of PlexMediaServer, or something else. If you can identify 'uuid' disk your search is more easy, because you can see what is pending.

Well, the UUID is a problem. I did try to get the UUID that matches my drives, but just don't know how to do that. I can't find any way to identify the UUID to the disks. I haven't found anything in the WebGUI and don't know a command that would tell me that on the command line.

Update - found out how to get the UUID matches to the drives: blkid /dev/sda (et al).
    Using "cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | more", I can't see anything that would indicate why the sda drive is referenced. Crazy.

If you can identify 'uuid' disk your search is more easy, because you can see what is pending.

How would I search my disk for what might be pending?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von curious1 () aus folgendem Grund: update

• May be some shared folders are referenced to that disk.
    In config.xml search for <sharedfolder> and look if there is some reference folders, like bitTorrents files and locations or DataBase folder of PlexMediaServer, or something else. If you can identify 'uuid' disk your search is more easy, because you can see what is pending.

Here is the shares section of the config.xml:

<shares>
    <!--
    <sharefolder>
    <uuid>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</uuid>
    <name>xxx</name>
    <comment>xxx</comment>
    <mntentref>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</mntentref>
    <reldirpath>xxx</reldirpath>
    <priveleges>
    <privelege>
    <type>user|group</type>
    <name>xxx</name>
    <perms>0 = no permission|5 = read and execute|7 = read, write and execute</perms>
    </privelege>
    </priveleges>
    </sharefolder>
    -->
    </shares>

Can't see anything there. And no shares appear to have been set in any of the other items in the file. This isn't a problem (I don't think) now that I have the drive formatted as BTRFS and everything appears to be functioning correctly. I would just like to know what it is.

But, now that I have BTRFS formatted on all the drives, I can implement SnapRaid, set up Users, Backup, and move my files that were backed up from my failed HPMediaServer that got this whole OMV thing started in the first place.

• Well!
    Because i'm a zero in linux i have to use some expedients.
    In this case I identify the UUID through eXtplorer like show on image.
    With UUD i went to config.xml searching.
    In my case it results because the UUID that i want to delete from GUI had some reference to DataBase folder of PlexMediaServer.
    Changing the DataBase folder to the new disk, the delete button on filesystem appears and it's done.

I'm sorry for not helping you more, but my knowledge is limited.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!