Can't stop /dev/md1

• Good day!

I'm running OMV 2.2.10, on a Lenovo TS440

So I wanted to expand my RAID Volume, but I didn't realize that it's not possible to change the raid level when expanding (at least not in the GUI). I figured it would be pretty easy to blow away the array and start fresh. So first I backed up all my information I wanted saved, and then decided it was time to start the process. So I did the following:

• I disabled all services in OMV, including SMB and anything else that might have been running.
    • Then I went to the RAID configuration page, and went to delete the array, only problem was that the option to delete was greyed out.

No big deal, I figured, I'll do this with mdadm. So I went into MDADM and tried to stop the array and got this back:

mdadm: Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md1:Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group?

So I decided to boot Linux into single user mode as it seems like a lot of people have run into similar issues. In single user mode, same error. Running lsof | grep md1 returns the following:

root@omv:~# lsof | grep md1
    md1_raid1 411 root cwd DIR 8,1 4096 2 /
    md1_raid1 411 root rtd DIR 8,1 4096 2 /
    md1_raid1 411 root txt unknown /proc/411/exe
    jbd2/md1- 1740 root cwd DIR 8,1 4096 2 /
    jbd2/md1- 1740 root rtd DIR 8,1 4096 2 /
    jbd2/md1- 1740 root txt unknown /proc/1740/exe

I try killing the processes, no go, not even in single user mode.

I feel like I'm at the point of physically removing the drives, popping them in another box, zeroing them, and then start again. Are there any other things I should try before resorting to that?

• So I found the problem.

Doing some more googling, I ran this:

lsof /dev/md1

It's odd because running lsof |grep md1 returned nothing useful (at least not pointing me to a specific file), though maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but shouldn't grep just filter by everything containing md1, therefor including /dev/md1?

That revealed that plexmediaserver was still running, despite the fact that I disabled it in the GUI. After stopping that service there was still an application simply called "Plex" running. I killed the PID, and was able to unmount the raid array and build a new array.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!