error "Failed start file system quotas" at boot

• Hi guys,
    I have OMV installed on a micro SD, since a while I have this error during boot. Is it normal? how can I solve it if it's not?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

It isn't an error that you need to worry about. If you really want the message to go away, enable quotes (I wouldn't though).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The nas is working fine, so I'm not worryed. But I don't know what system quotas are :(

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

You use system quotas to restrict how much storage a user can use.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I also happened to see this error in my log today.

However, today I had pressed the button "Quotas" in the tab filesystems for the first time. Did this make quotaon.service active for the first time, or did I probably have the error before?

• I do get an error from time to time as well regarding "Failed to start Enable File System Quotas".
    Problem is that the boot will not continue as it stops in emergency mode.

I need to manually hit Control + D to continue which is quite annoying.

Any ideas on how to avoid it? I applied 1 quota for a backup folder.

• Maybe there's a way to completely disable the system, but I didn't find it at the time.

You may be missing two files at the top level of the filesystem: aquota.group and aquota.user. If that's the case, you can simply define and save some quotas in the OMV interface under filesystem/quotas and delete them afterwards. The files are then recreated, no quotas are defined and the error should be gone :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!