My experience with OMV

• Hi,
    after I had already tried out OMV 0.2.5, I have a trip on Freenas8, OMV 0.3 and Nas4Free made and I have suffered bad experiences everywhere. Now I stay at OMV 0.2.7.4 because it used all of my plugins (autoshutdown and minidlna) work fine. The support of OMV on the bugtracker is very good and I would like to express my gratitude.

Best wishes to the developers and much continued success.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

• I second this. I played with FreeNAS 7 & 8 as well as NAS4Free (which are basically the same things for simple setups) and OMV has been very forgiving. The installation was quick, although a little confusing for me since I've NEVER been on a Linux system. But the WebGUI I never have a problem with and easy to learn your way around. My FreeNAS server would login just fine, but it never connected in my Mac's Finder and anytime I wanted to change something the server would disappear.
    So far I am extremely happy with OMV. I've been running tests on a small 4GB CF, so we'll see how it does when I get the RAID, Time Machine and remote access setup.

• Michael, a lot of people have had problems with flash media as system drive, just FYI. I would recommend a SATA laptop Western Digital Black drive, or a small Crucial/Intel SSD, as a system drive.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "omavoss"

Hi,
    after I had already tried out OMV 0.2.5, I have a trip on Freenas8, OMV 0.3 and Nas4Free made and I have suffered bad experiences everywhere. Now I stay at OMV 0.2.7.4 because it used all of my plugins (autoshutdown and minidlna) work fine. The support of OMV on the bugtracker is very good and I would like to express my gratitude.

Best wishes to the developers and much continued success.

I decided never to use Freenas again after trying 8.x... Don't need that kind of headache.

N4F, briefly tried it in Vbox, worked, but underdeveloped in my opinion.

OMV .3 gave me numerous issues w/ plugins (similar to what you have reported). I'm now happily using .2.7.4 as well, and will remain there for a while.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!