• Hello guys,

at the moment I use my system the following way for about one month:

host proxmox
    - kvm-guest omv3 (pci passthrough lsi sas3008 controller, zfs, nfs, samba, ssh, emby)
    - lxc-guest vdr
    - lxc-guest fhem (usb passthrough)

The plan was to also migrate emby (and mono) to an lxc container.

I don't have any problems with system stability or other not working things.

But after thinking about the whole virtualization thing with proxmox, I am near to bring back omv3 as my base system.

I think it is not the right way to use proxmox for my needs at home, but I like the lxc things.

Is there an easy way to migrate the lxc containers to omv3? Do we have an lxc plugin for omv or is it planned? Or do I have to install the lxc packages per command line?

What about docker? I don't have experience with it. But I read that a docker container is a single task container. At least I need ssh next to the main services (emby, vdr, fhem). How do you do this? Do we have a docker plugin?

What do you think about that and what would you guys do?

Thanks and greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can install lxc in Omv no problem there. However there will no plugin until Debian stretch (https://wiki.debian.org/LXD) as there is no lxd for stable Debian. Lxd is the daemon with client-server API implementation, similar to docker.
    Lxc containers can be just dropped in their corresponding folder and should start no problem. Maybe change the network settings before.

• Hello subzero,

ah, you are right with lxd for jessie.

Do you know any good web ui for lxc like virt-manager for kvm?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!