Installation on RPi2

• Hi,

I have downloaded omv_3.0.51_rpi2_rpi3 image (and also tried with omv_3.0.41_rpi2_rpi3) from Sourceforge.

I run these commands on my Ubuntu box:
    gunzip omv_3.0.41_rpi2_rpi3.img.gz
    sudo dd bs=4M if=omv_3.0.41_rpi2_rpi3.img of=/dev/sdb

Then I insert SD card to my RPi and run it. The problem is, it seems it does start to boot, but there is no signal on the screen. I can see an IP assigned to RPi on my Mikrotik router, but cannot ping it and nmap shows all ports are closed.

What am I doing wrong? Probably there is some stupid error, but I cannot find a solution. BTW, I tried to install original Raspbian Jessie, and it is working nice.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What type and size of card? Is the card new? The image also resizes the third partition on the first boot. This can make the system very slow but probably not your issue.

Not that it should matter but I create the image with a block size of 1M. I would stick with the 3.0.51 image too.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It has been used for Raspbian on the same RPi and I just reformatted it (actually re-dd-ed it). So I assume SD card is OK.

I will try to reformat the SD card with FAT32 and with 1M parameter again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It has been used for Raspbian on the same RPi and I just reformatted it (actually re-dd-ed it). So I assume SD card is OK

If it is previously used by a Debian distro without something to reduce writes, the SD might not be ok.

I will try to reformat the SD card with FAT32 and with 1M parameter again.

Don't reformat. That is just more wear. Linux doesn't use fat32 either.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I know. Actually, I just wanted to delete partition table in case Ubuntu has some stupid problems with SD card. I will try another SD card, but the problem is - when I dd the image again and remount the SD card, I can see three partitions and data on them...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, it seems SD card adapter has been faulty. I changed it, and now it works.

I've seen that a lot with my own SD cards.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!