Quota for AFP share?

• I'd like to push my Time Machine backups to OMV - but I absolutely don't want to give it unlimited access to space. So, how does one set a quota for a share, be it at the Shared Folder level or at the Apple Filing level?

• Place "volsizelimit:10000" without the quotes into the extra options on the share settings to limit the share to 10GB. This works great for my timemachine backups and prevents it from filling up the 2.2TB RAID.

Enjoy,
    Mike

• Mike, you are my personal hero! Thanks!

I was using Logical Volume Management to get around it, but this is a much better option as my folder structures can now be consistent. Thank you!

• Zitat von "votdev"

Do you think this should be integrated in the share webgui? If yes, please fill an feature request at bugtracker.openmediavault.org.

Done and done, thanks votdev.

Case ID 0000564 is reported.

• I see you've knocked this out with version 0.3.0.7 according to the bug tracker. Should I be seeing this version when I check for updates? Pardon my newbness, but I haven't updated a plugin before - what's the preferred method to get this on my system?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin has not been released until now because i just want to wait and give the translators some time to translate the new strings. If the plugin has been released you'll be able to install it via the webgui in the 'Update Manager' panel. To do that you have to init a check by pressing the 'Check' button if the update package is not displayed already. After that select the packages you want to install and press 'Install'. I will post the release on blog.openmediavault.org / Facebook /Twitter, but if you have enabled email notification your system will send you an email if it detects update packages, too.

• I am running Netatalk 0.41. When using TimeMachine I want to limit the disk size, but when setting the parameter volsizelimit using "Quota" in GUI or manually in the AppleVolumes.default file I am unable to access the share. If I use Quota "0" or remove the volsizelimit value in AppleVolumes.default it resumes and can again be mounted.
    Is this a bug in Netatalk, or what?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!