Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0)."

• I've got a lot of those when creating a new ext4 partition on a 4TB HDD (boy, that take some time), and the errors was pilling up.

I will update omv and come back with an edit. (Running 4.1.4-1)

• maybe the problem is fixed, but i have same problem with docker or after install plugin from omv-extra. With new version of openmediavault change something or we found same problem? version pve-kernel (4.15.18)

• Offizieller Beitrag

With new version of openmediavault change something or we found same problem?

Did you update OMV in the Updates tab? The dashboard should be reporting that you are running 4.1.22 if you hope to avoid this issue. The kernel version (pve 4.15.18) has nothing to do with this error.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• yes is the last update, but i have found a fix ( i think is my inexperience with a permission folder), i put privilege in group and not working, if i put privilege for single working, is correct? nope, not working

ok i found where is the problem, or i hope is this the problem, when install virtualbox, inside tmp directory i found a file <.vbox-vbox-ipc> with permission root, after reboot permission changed in 997, after that, the error tmp appear.
    deleted virtualbox and reboot, the problem not appear

• Clear your browser cache to start. Then omv-aptclean Then try removing: rm /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json

Did what explained, problem (same as topic origin) solved, job done. Thank you.

Max

OMV Erasmus 3.0.100 (Linux omv33 3.16.0-11-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.16.84-1 (2020-06-09) i686 GNU/Linux) on an ooold nas with Intel celeron M proc. 1.50 ghz.

• OMV Erasmus 3.0.100

is long out-of-support, due to the know security issues in Debian OS, I'd highly recommend to upgrade to a supported version

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!