SMB error code 15348

• Greetings,

Thanks in advance for helping an novice linux user work toward a solution.

I have 2 OMV boxes.
    Box 1: Banana Pi; OMV version 2.2.9 with kernel 3.4.104-bananian; Samba version 3.6.6.
    Box 2: x86-64 box (can give details if needed); OMV version 3.0.52; Kernel 4.7.0; Samba version 4.2.10.

I have shares setup on both boxes which seem to work with Windows 7 no problem. I use the app Goodreader on my iPad to connect and download files from my smb shares. I am able to connect to and browse shares on both devices. I am able to download files from box 1 to my iPad, but when I try to download anything from box 2 I get an error code 15348.

I contacted Goodreader about the problem and they indicated that is was a server problem.

I've confirmed the settings in the GUI are the same on both boxes.
    There is one difference I noted in the smb.conf files
    Box1 : obey pamrestrictions = yes
    Box 2: obey pamrestrictions = no
    I tried changing that manually on box 2 to match box 1 and restarting the smbd service but it didn't fix the problem.

The log files on /var/log/samba area all blank even after changing the log level to debug in the GUI and recreating the problem.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In order to get output in the logs, you have to enable logging per share. Set the level doesn't enable logging.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I feel like I must be missing something.

I've added the options

log file = /var/logs/samba/maintest.log.%m
    log level = 3

under the global area in the smb.conf

I've added similar options

log file = /var/logs/samba/mediatest.log.%m
    log level = 3

under the share settings for [media]

I then restart the service and recreate the conditions by trying to download a file using my ipad from the samba media share. I get the same 15348 error on my ipad. I can see the maintest.log.* files created in /var/logs/samba but they are all blank. There are not any mediatest.log.* files. I also tried log level 5 with the same result

On a whim, I tried setting "client max protocol" to both SMB2 and SMB3 without any change in outcome either.

FInally, I set up an FTP instance using the same shared folder and was able to download files to my iPad using Goodreader without a problem so this problem does seem limited to samba rather than a problem with user or share permissions.

I appreciate your help in trying to diagnose and solve this problem. I've been using this box as my OMV 3.x testing box as I'm planning to build a Skylake based OMV box and was hoping for OMV 3.x due to native kernel support. Since this is not a problem when downloading from my OMV 2.2.x box, I may have to look at other options if I can't get this resolved.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need to add anything to extra options to enable logging. Set the log level in the setting tab and then check the box for Audit in the samba share.

As for the error code, I've never seen that error code and can't find anything about it. I don't think it is an samba error code. Is that a goodreader error code?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks again for the help. I enabled logging the way you suggested, even using the "Debug" level. Despite this, I found no useful information in the log.

I've contacted Goodreader again specifically for more information on the error code, which they indicated in a previous communication was generated by my server. I also was unable to find anything about it in relation to Debian, samba, or linux in general.

I'll wait to hear back from them for now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!