omv on a SDHC card

• You need an USB Stick with OMV Iso (Iso must be copy via unetbootin to an USB Stick) and a formated Micro SD Card. Than you put the USB Stick into an USB 2 Ports and the Micro SD Card into the Micro SD Cardreader.
    After that, you boot you Gen8 only with these two mediums. And after few minutes, you can choose the installer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use 3.x and install the flash memory plugin very soon. The SD card won't make it long otherwise.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What do you mean by "won't make it long" ?? Will it be erased if I don't add this plugin ?

I didn't buy my sd card yet... Should i opt for an hd to ensure an dependability ?...

Ty for the reply

• Offizieller Beitrag

The card will fail from excessive writes. I've seen it happen in two days... Flashmemory will reduce the writes by a lot.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi Ykzel , I have your same Microserver, and you should install the operating system on a ssd.
    I originally installed in a microSD, but I had some problems and, for stability I moved everything to another disk.
    The microSD I suggest you buy it, to install the grub and you can use the 4 bays, and boot from Odd bay.
    The Microserver works very well with Omv :)

OMV 6.X.X

HP Microserver Gen 10 Plus, 3X2TB Data , 1x4TB Parity , Usb Thumb for OS , 32g Ecc Ram.

Plugins : SharerootFs; Kvm; MergerFs; Ups; Snapraid; Resetperms; Fail2ban; Owntone; Flashmemory; Symlinks; Compose ;

Docker: Prowlarr, Swag; Transmission; Filebrowser; Polaris; Wireguard; Heimdall; GlueTun;

• Ykzel, you really don't need an USB Stick to install in all cases. You also can mount the installation iso with ILO, IMHO much more convenient.

For me, I never got a working grub when installing omv2 on hp microserver SD card. With omv3 no problems. (Omv2 works, when grub is installed by some other means, i.e. by omv3)

OMV 4.1.13-1 (typically everything up to date), only plugin: flash memory; HP Microserver, 4 internal ext4 HDDs, SSD for OS, SD-Card for booting (can't boot on SSD with 4 HDD used …), external USB3 HDDs (ext4 + NTFS)

• How I do it on a windows PC. (I guess, Linux is similar). I have connected the ILO NIC of the microserver, but the shared NIC should work as well.
    Download the OMV installation iso to your windows PC.
    I have installed "HP ILO integrated remote console". Start it. Set it up to find the Microserver and to authenticate. Menu -> Virtual drives -> Image-File CD ROM/DVD select the OMV iso. Boot the HP Microserver and it will boot from the ISO (in a typical setup).

Not sure, if you need an ILO licence for this. The evaluation period will be enough, anyway. (Cheap licenses at about 15 $ were available in ebay, when I had a look).

Google on HP ILO will give you lots of information including manuals. From my memory, it was rather straightforward without studying manuals. OTOH, the USB-stick method will of course also work ...

OMV 4.1.13-1 (typically everything up to date), only plugin: flash memory; HP Microserver, 4 internal ext4 HDDs, SSD for OS, SD-Card for booting (can't boot on SSD with 4 HDD used …), external USB3 HDDs (ext4 + NTFS)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!