expand Filesystem - 32bit problem - filesystem to big

• Hello!

I added a new HDD into my mdadmin raid5. Form 6x8TB to 7x8TB.
    An so i have to expand the filesystem, but this faild with the message that expant2fs can not handle filesystems in this size in 32bit version.

What?! There must be a solution for that anywhere... but i cant find one.

thx,
    hansen

OMV 5.x / HP DL360 gen8 , 2x HP Storrage Array 3.5" with 36x 8TB Seagate Archive RAID 6

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are using 32 OMV 2.x? If so, it is just an old ext library. Boot systemrescuecd or gparted-live on the system to fix.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Warning here, if the 64bit flag is not present in the fs, there no other way but to reformat.

His filesystem is already over the 16tb limit of the 32bit flag. I think this is an e2fslibs version being to old issue.

• You are using 32 OMV 2.x? If so, it is just an old ext library. Boot systemrescuecd or gparted-live on the system to fix.

I use the x64 install option i think.

I "solfed" my problem in that way that i complete reinstall the server.. i had some missconfiguratiosn and some design-misstages in the first install. So i installed it completly new.

But.... i'm afraid i will have this poblem agoin in some week/mounth when i install the last two 8TB HDD into this server.
    Now i'm 100% sure that i use the x64 version of OMV 2.x

So is it the way for expanding the filesystem i have installed by using OVM only with a linux live CD?! You must be joking..

OMV 5.x / HP DL360 gen8 , 2x HP Storrage Array 3.5" with 36x 8TB Seagate Archive RAID 6

• Offizieller Beitrag

So is it the way for expanding the filesystem i have installed by using OVM only with a linux live CD?! You must be joking..

At some point, an old operating system designed to be super stable cannot have the latest code that can handle new software. 64 bit OMV 3.x will not have this issue. Also, xfs would never have this issue since it has always been a 64 bit filesystem. If you plan on having a filesystem this large (not typical), some research needs to be done.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!