Clone disk/create img using OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you clone a Windows 7/10 system with clonezilla and store the image on OMV, you could install the clonezilla package (not iso) on OMV (it is in the Debian repo), plug that drive in the server, and write the image to the drive. There is no plugin for this but it would work and is free.

You could also PXE boot the desktop system with clonezilla and write the image stored on OMV to that desktop.

I think I and others thought you wanted to clone the OMV OS drive while it was running.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• @vl1969

I think that's what he looking for too.
    I tested UrBackup last night, it's look nice, and easy to use.
    By default, FOG is installed with Apache2, so beware.
    I tried setup FOG before, but unsucessfully.

CloneDeploy is an alternative for FOG/UrBackup.
    FreeNAS has a plug-in for this.

http://clonedeploy.org/

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Thx!
    I check this!

I have important questuion yet:
    Some other question, if you can somehow without removing the contents do connect OMV NTFS drive because I have a lot of data do not want them removed?

AND!
    I install OMV on my notebook, but dont work wifi, why? And how fix it?

• yes FOG is not very easy to use, although I have setup and partially configured the saerver easy enough.
    but CloneDeploy is not a true replacement for either FOG or UrBackup.
    it is more likely replacement for Symantec Ghost or Acronics Image backup.

CloneDeploy is a basic imaging program not a true universal backup solutions like UrBackup is for example. all you can do with CD is make and restore a disk image.
    now compared to FOG and other Cloning solutions it can be a contestant.

UrBackup can not only create disk image of whole drive, although with limited capabilities ,but also backup files from a system.
    IMHO a combination of UrBackup with CloneDeploy or FOG setup may be needed to cover most needs.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• if you are asking me I can not tell you now. it was some time back and just a an ad-hoc thing as a curiosity thing. I was thinking of using FOG for my office PC refresh deployment but it was just faster to do it manually at the time.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!