filesystem in hard drive

• Hi!
    quick question,
    is the info reported here (http://sourceforge.net/apps/me…dex.php?title=Filesystems ) still correct?

i have a hardrive sliced in half, one with HFS+ partition and the other empty space. I can't erase the HFS+ because i don't have enough space anywhere else to put the data it contains. My ideia was to create a OMV managed partition&filesystem, copy the data from the HFS+ to the OMV managed partition and then erase the HFS+ partition.

Is that possible already?

• Is not wise to use your system drive as storage. One example is data recovery. If your system drives fail, your stored data will go away with it. And unless you are a Linux user, you will find yourself preparing another drive to load OMV again to attempt recovering the data from the lost one, adding more effort and complications to the mix. Such problems have been present on small embedded devices such as Buffalo's NAS solutions and HP's MediaVault, but not limited to.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!