[RESOLVED] omv-firstaid - '3 Change WebGUI password' fails

• Hello Everybody,

I'm new to OMV, built my server up yesterday and thanks to this forum and a few others I have my box pretty well set up including SickBeard and SABnzbd all starting up at boot time :) nice quick and easy so far.

One thing that should be simple, but seems to be failing without any log information (I might not know where it is logging) is the omv-firstaid tool. When I log on as root (password was changed from 'openmediavault' at time of installation) and fire up omv-firstaid, the UI appears as normal, I select '3 Change WebGUI password' I then get a prompt 'Please enter the WebGUI password for user 'admin'.'.
    At this point I'm not sure if this wants the existing admin password (I guessed not as I'm logged in as root) or the new desired admin password, I have tried entering both, but all that happens is it drops back to the command shell. I then try logging in to the WebGUI with admin and the password is still 'openmediavault'.

Is there another command line tool available for me to try and change the WebGUI admin password with or can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong with omv-firstaid?

Any help appreciated

Version: 0.3.0.20 (Omnius)
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N40L Dual-Core Processor
    Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64

• 0.3.0.20 (Omnius) installed and omv-firstaid working as normal :) thanks for the fix!

Version: 0.3.0.20 (Omnius)
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N40L Dual-Core Processor
    Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!