How do I get Wake on LAN running on HP Microserver N54L working?

• Hello,

I have searched the forums and can't find a definitive answer.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me,

• How do I get Wake on LAN running on HP Proliant Microserver N54L working?

Thank you for your help with this :)

• The only thing I did was switching it on in OMV's network settings and it works. Btw, my main installation is OMV 2.x with backports kernel but I have a second system with OMV 3.x. Both 'normally' work.

Sometimes my 2.x system did not wake up via WOL and I had to switch it on using the power button. Sometimes that just did the trick and sometimes I had to plug in a monitor and keyboard for debugging. Then it worked immediately though. I have the strange feeling that plugging in a USB keyboard just does the trick. But don't get me wrong, that's kind of 5 out of 100 boots where it didn't work.

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• Hi @SlashOpt

I have logged in to the web gui of OMV and taking a look at (from the side bar) System > Network > General but I don't see an option to enable Wake on LAN.

Can you tell me if I am looking in the correct place.

Thank you for your help with this :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you tell me if I am looking in the correct place.

You have to edit the interface in the Interfaces tab. Scroll to the bottom of the interface settings and there is a wake on lan checkbox.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You have to edit the interface in the Interfaces tab. Scroll to the bottom of the interface settings and there is a wake on lan checkbox.

Thanks for the info @ryecoaaron

I've not had a chance to see if this is working, but incase anyone else is looking for this info in the future I have added some screen shots below of what I changed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!