'cannot start dirty degraded array'

• Hey guys,

I've been running a Raid6 +1 spare for quite some time now and everything was running fine.
    The other day I went to go install a new disk and expand the array. Everything worked as per norm until it hit about 10% then my system hung completely.

The system wasn't booting into the OS, and once I plugged a screen in I saw:

Main: recovering journal
    task md0_raid6:404 blocked for more than 120 seconds".

To me, it seemed like it must have been a dodgy disk, so I removed it and the OS booted. However now my system isn't showing the raid array.
    I did some investigating and I've found this

Syslog says:
    md0: Reshape will continue
    MD0: cannot start dirty degraded array

mdadm --examine says:

Raid Level : raid6
    Raid Devices : 7
    Device Role : Active device 4
    Array State : AAAAAAA ('A' == active, '.' == missing

as well as:

Reshape pos'n : 1748454400 (1667.46 GiB 1790.42 GB)
    Delta Devices : 1 (6->7)

So it looks like my raid array isn't showing up because it was cut-off mid resizing and is waiting on the new disk so it can continue, but then when I plug the disk back in my system hangs again when 'recovering journal'.

Any ides on what I can do to stop this reconstruction and make it recover the array?
    Something in the startup logs said "Consider --force" but I can't find it in the log viewer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!