Openmediavault-ups 3.2.7 error

• Hello,

I use openmediavault 3.0.59 (installed on a custom debiann jessie installation) and I when I installed openmediavault-ups 3.2.7.

When I enable the plugin, I got this error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start nut-server 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for nut-server.service failed.

I used this directives:
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = usb

I don't know what to do ...

Thanks for your help.

• OK, I should have check the output of journalctl -xn command line,

A previous upsd instance was already running. I stopped it and reactivated OMV UPS plugin and it fixed the problem.

Sorry to bother the OMV community so much.

• Hi there,
    I encountered this issue (I'm a noob) and I'd like to document how I solved this for anyone that stumbles upon this in the future. Here's what I did:

First
    I stopped the services I thought were relevant. I used the instructions from here: https://www.wikihow.com/Restart-Services-in-Linux

What I did was open the CLI (either through SSH or on device) and typed:
    ls /etc/init.d

Then I looked for services that seemed relevant, In this case I was looking for anything with NUT(network UPS Tools) or UPSD.
    I found two services called nut-server and nut-client.

I then typed:
    sudo systemctl stop nut-client
    sudo systemctl stop nut-server

I then could enter the web interface and enter my information and click apply without an error message. After that, I restarted the PC and everything worked.
    MY understanding is it is necessary for you to have driver, port, and description fields filled in, everything else isn't necessary.

What I tried that didn't work/My questions:
    I tried following this guide here:https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/8-upsd/
    and trying upsd -c stop but the system kept telling me upsd.pid(I think) was not found.
    I interpreted that to mean that the system is attempting to shutdown via using the configuration file but that file didn't exist. Can someone help me understand?
    Thanks

Best of luck to everyone and hoped that helped

• I encountered this issue

Which issue do you encounter?

I then could enter the web interface and enter my information and click apply without an error message.

If this is your error (error message when clicking on apply) then this is different from the thread starter´s issue ("A dependency job for nut-server.service failed.").

If you get an error while clicking on "apply" then please ensure that your UPS is powered on and the (USB-) data interface is physically connected to you NAS.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!