wlan0 not detected after apt-get upgrade on RPi 3

• Offizieller Beitrag

See too :
    linuxundich.de/raspberry-pi/dr…aspberry-pi-einzurichten/
    sorry in german

I didn't need that to get mine to work.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Just completed an apt-get update & upgrade. Rebooted and apt-get update does now list the 4 fw packages that i think caused an issue with my wlan0 interface - see below.

I'm not going to install these right now but could do if it helps with testing/resolving the issue.

Do you think it could have been a failed/corrupted install that screwed my setup earlier today?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not going to install these right now but could do if it helps with testing/resolving the issue.

I would install them. I think these packages were added later. I installed them.

Do you think it could have been a failed/corrupted install that screwed my setup earlier today?

No. I think it was bad timing or you didn't click Check to see that all updates were available. Wireless on OMV isn't very well tested either because not many use it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would install them all at the same time and reboot.

• i just checked to see which repos are enabled in the GUI and noticed that debian backports was not enabled. I checked as i looked at the fw packages and they were all from debian backports. Why are they showing up to install if i don't have back port repo enabled?

So I enabled the debian backports repo, did an apt clean from the GUI and checked for updates in the update management part of GUI. This came back with an error - but no error message (maybe a timeout)?

Then i did an apt-get update from the CLI and this came back with an error with the public key - see below.

Do you think this could be related to the issue I have?

Should I resolve this error before installing any of the fw packages?

(thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions)

W: GPG error: http://httpredir.debian.org jessie-backports InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 8B48AD6246925553 NO_PUBKEY 7638D0442B90D010

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why are they showing up to install if i don't have back port repo enabled?

The backports repo is enabled by default starting with OMV 3.0.59.

Do you think this could be related to the issue I have?

Nope.

Should I resolve this error before installing any of the fw packages?

Try updating with omv-update from the command line.

I am creating a new image right now that should solve the problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like the backports firmware package doesn't include the RPi3 wifi firmware. The following commands should fix it:

wget https://github.com/RPi-Distro/firmware-nonfree/raw/master/brcm80211/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin
    wget https://github.com/RPi-Distro/firmware-nonfree/raw/master/brcm80211/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt
    mv brcmfmac43430-sdio* /lib/firmware/brcm/

• @ryecoaaron - thanks a million. changing the driver files for brcmfmac43430 fixed the issue on both my test and production OMV servers. I now have wlan0 back.

One last thing... How can I fix the the public key signature error that I have when I do apt-get update?

The error message is

W: GPG error: http://httpredir.debian.org jessie-backports InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 8B48AD6246925553

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I fix the the public key signature error that I have when I do apt-get update?

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 8B48AD6246925553

• Offizieller Beitrag

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 7638D0442B90D010

I just uploaded a new 3.0.59 image to sourceforge that has no key issues and wireless is working.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!