Folder created over AFP are not editable or viewable by other users

• Hey there!

Whenever my Co-Worker creates a folder (he is connected via AFP) on a share he is always set as owner of the created folder and other members of the "users"-group do not have rights to edit, read or execute this folder (same with files) - did I miss some settings? When others create or copy a file/folder to a share via SMB/CIFS everything works fine: In the ACL-Manager the group "users" can read/write/execute and the owner is set as "root" who also can read/write/execute. And that works fine when working together. Are those even the right settings for SMB/CIFS shares?

How can I get the AFP-user to create folders/files with "root" as owner and full privileges for the "users"-group by default like SMB/CIFS-users do?

Greetings, Johannes

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I get the AFP-user to create folders/files with "root" as owner and full privileges for the "users"-group by default like SMB/CIFS-users do?

root:users is is when you create a shared folder in the UI, not when a user create/upload files. What version of omv are you using? the version 3 of the plugin now includes by default a flexible directory mask, version two you might need to add as extra options of the share IIRC.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!