minidlna - change of loglevel / rescan of library

• Hi everybody, :)

i found out about a somehow weird issue in minidlna. Is this how it is intended to work?

When i change the loglevel in minidlna (i just tried out what information i get on each level), after that omv makes you to save your changes. After that, minidlna starts to rescan the whole library again. This takes hours with a big library.

So my question is if this can be avoided somehow, to rescan after change of loglevel?

Another question about the loglevel in minidlna: Can anybody tell me which loglevel to set, so i only see inotify messages and status messages, e,g scanning library complete or streaming to ...

I was not able to find a suitable level.

thank you so much.

gkhar2

• Offizieller Beitrag

So my question is if this can be avoided somehow, to rescan after change of loglevel?

Nope. You have to restart minidlna to change the loglevel and minidlna rescans when it starts. Why would you change the log level once you have it set?

Can anybody tell me which loglevel to set, so i only see inotify messages and status messages, e,g

If you can't find a level that only does what you want, then it must not exist. The only possible values are the ones listed in the plugin. Error is what I would use but I don't use minidlna anymore and never looked at the logging unless I had a problem (which was never).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!